CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/)
-   -   Need an opinion (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/need-opinion-88310/)

Flapjack84 03-01-2009 03:40 AM

Need an opinion

Hey there all. I just wanted to get the opinion of people that have this bike. I am looking at getting me a cbr1000. I had an f2, but had to sell it to help pay for some of the many expenses that come with buying a house. I have been talking with guys that I ride with, none of which have 1000s, and they were saying I would not have an issue with a 1000. I understand that the move from a f2 to a cbr1000 is a big jump. I have been riding for a while, and feel that I would be alright. I have been gradually working my way up. Started with a 72 cb500 cafe then went to the f2. I have also taken a 01 zx7 on a great 300 mile trip so I have had a little experiece on a bigger bike. I guess in the end, is there any major benefit to me getting a 1000 over a 600. I will not be doing any track days, just weeked rides and commuting. Thanks for your input.

06BlackPearl 03-01-2009 07:09 AM

get it you wont regret it!! I ride a ZX-10R but my boys have the CBR and a couple have 600's they hate when we get going cause they cant keep up but again there just learnign so a 1000 is out of the question. If you get just take it easy man get to know the bike and then when you feel comfortable Ride that B*tch. Not sure on the new CBR how they feel but usually its like rideing a 600 on Crack

user 3037347 03-01-2009 08:36 AM

You know I contemplated this very thing before getting my 08 1000. In the end it was an excellent decision. It's great for communting to and from work as well as for play. It seems like you have plenty of riding experience so going to a 1k wont be that big of a deal. In the end though it is really a personal decision. When I got my 08 1k, everything felt the same except the power. Test ride one for yourself and you will see a 1k is a good bike to have.

bimmerx2 03-01-2009 11:04 PM

If you have your riding under control then you should be OK.

So what does that mean... by under control I mean you don't have to think hard about what to do on the bike. If you still find yourself accidently 'launching' the bike from stops or applying throttle inappropriately then a 1000RR is going to bite you sooner or later. But, if you're comfortable when something unexpected happens - entering a corner too hot or dodging debris or other drivers - then you should be fine.

It's all a matter of knowing that the bike can/will do and keeping your head. Let's face it, even a 125 can kick your ass if you don't respect it.

thrasher572 03-02-2009 09:23 AM

The 08 1000rr is awsome. Its a fuelie so no ckoking it on cold mornings...lighter than my old 600s and 750. Comfort level is on par with the old hurricane. Eyeball flatening acceleration, and point and shoot handling. Sophisticated steering damper ,you can't always tell if the front wheel is contacting the ground. What more can you ask for?

Flapjack84 03-02-2009 09:28 AM

Thank you all for the input. It is good to get some advice from people that have the bike. I am so excited to get a new bike, I have been itchin' to ride since I sold the f2. The new one will be along soon enough, or is it not soon enough...

Will1000RR 03-02-2009 02:33 PM

I have three words for ya...."Go for It" !!!