NEED HELP!! I WHEELIE AND FLIPPED MY BLADE!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 03:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEED HELP!! I WHEELIE AND FLIPPED MY BLADE!!

Juz got the bike towed to the repair shop this m'ning..News of the damage is not out yet. The problem nw about totalling it is out of the question..I dun have the insurance to do it..but I have cover for fire and theft only.Hmm.. maybe when the job required is too massive for me to handle..Harry Houdini could be the culprit..LOL!!

Well luckily I'm ok guys..I escaped with juz a graze on my right elbow and minor scratches here and there. The extend of damage done is not proportionate to the injuries I sustained..Sigh! Even thou I got the bare minimum on..t-shirt,jeans,open helmet and sandals..

Once the assesment is done..I'll keep u guys posted!! Neway thanks for all your recomendations..and keep it coming!!

Old 06-05-2006, 03:42 AM

Tribal..I tried the website but no go...Is the add correct??

Old 06-05-2006, 03:48 AM

twas a mistype.

Try www.servicehonda.com

Old 06-05-2006, 04:51 AM

News is out...the damage costs is expected at S$1500 - S$2000 = US$950 - US$1250. Quite cheap when compared to the damages done(see above).

Ah Beng from Bike Werks S'pore did a quick assessment and came out with e above quotation..Most of the damaged parts will be repaired/patch up and the only expensive single unit to replace according to my mechanic is the speedo assembly, dat too if he fail to repair the LCD display..So far he has not seen any cracks in the main frame, thank God! I will be coming down to the repair centre later on in the evening and see for myself the aftermath..

Looking on the bright side..I could get a new paint job and the bike will look like new!! The price quoted above is inclusive of the patching up and paint job.

So guys post me pics or links of stunning Fireblade paint job and I'm ready to showcase her once again..

Old 06-05-2006, 05:05 AM

Best of luck to you Blade.

No better color than "HOT PINK" Oh yea! haha.

Im a primer kind of guy.

You lay your bike down, just sand and respray. Bike gets dirty after awhile? Dont clean it...Just spray over it and you can put chalk on it..so you can draw whtever decal kit you want and wash it off later

Cheers.

Adam

Old 06-06-2006, 05:07 AM

What kind of insurance covers theft but won't repair your bike if you damage it? Sounds like they're begging for insurance fraud.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:24 AM

Cover the rear brake if you ever want to try a wheelie. Their not that dangerous if you know what your doing especially if somthing does go wrong like that

Old 06-07-2006, 02:26 AM

Insurance coverage here is divided into 2 categories..1 is the comprehensive coverage which covers anything and everything except for natural disasters,war and so on and so forth..2 is a 2nd party coverage..ie, covers only third party injuries and repair,fire and theft..Of course the comprehensive one cost more than the 2nd..

Went over to the repair centre dis m'ning and true enuf the damages dat cost the most is the speedometer..nxt comes the putty/repair and paint work..

As for that fateful attempt to wheelie..I happen to cover the rear brake..but it happen so fast i juz could'nt react in time..

Old 06-07-2006, 03:23 AM

Over here, in Oz, the insurance seems to work a little differently...

There Compulsory Third Party (CTP) which cover the other people involved in the accident.
Third Party Property which covers the other vehicles/building involved in the accident, there is also the option to have Theft and fire damage covered for your vehicle, called Third Party Property, Fire and Theft.
Then there's full comprehensive...

In my case, I have the benefit of rating 1 and it turns out is it cheaper for me to get Comprehensive insurance than Thrird Party Property fire and theft... because the rating 1 discount only applies to Comprehensive.

But yeah, since you don't have it, it's irrelevant. Good to hear the damage is not bad enough to sell the bike as a wreck... I look forward to seeing it back in tip top shape... maybe you could theme it on the Phoenix... Maybe even Jean Grey from X-Men III -- that movie is awsome by the way!

Old 06-07-2006, 07:48 AM

Having difficulties in finding a used speedometer that read in km/hr..tried e-bay but only the ones reading miles/hr are available..
Servicehonda has yet to return my enquiries..No doubt they are the cheapest ard!!

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!! I WHEELIE AND FLIPPED MY BLADE!!