My 2012 CBR1000rr Story

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 05:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2012 CBR1000rr Story

Hey guys

I'm brand new to this forum. Ive been riding for 6-7 years on all types of bikes (but never a GSXR.) I loved sport bikes and owned a few but when i was younger I was way stupid on them. I didnt trust myself and knew I needed to get something else before I killed myself. So the last 3 years I've owned a 09 Harley IRON883 Sportster and loved it. But on Friday the 13'th 04/13/12 at 11:30 pm I T-boned a girl i know in her mini van. I was not speeding (45 in a 45) when she jumped out form a restaurant to take a left. She saw me when i was about 100 yards away freaked out and stopped, blocking BOTH LANES! I had enough time to lock the rear up and have the front tire chirping. Got down to 30-35 before slamming in the side. I remember just before i hit closing my eyes and saying to myself "this is goin to hurt" then grabbed some more front brake. This is where i blacked out. Apparently my plan of closing my eyes so i wouldnt tense up worked. The witness said I started a stoppie just before hitting the van, smashed my face right at the top corner and flipped over the van. I woke up a few minutes later only able to see blood instantly knowing my left ankle was broke. I was only wearing a 3/4 lid, a polo, jeans, and Justin work boots. Received a nice scare on my forehead, broken right wrist, broke left ring finger metacarpal, fractured left foot, and shattered left ankle but no road rash. 2 weeks later with 2 surgeries 9 screws and a plate for the ankle and foot and both arms in cast my buddy pushed my wheelchair into the local dealer. They were confused at fist when I asked them to run my credit for a black 2012 CBR1000rr. Its now sitting in my garage waiting for me to get out of my casts in about 2 months to ride it. I chose this bike because id always loved all the Hondas I had owned, I now trust myself with a sport bike, and sport bikes stop faster than Harleys. I will ride till the day i die.

Now after that obnoxiousness intro my question is this. Does anyone know when Jardin will be coming out with something like there GP-1R exhaust?

Thanks

Old 05-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A stoppie on a Harley? I'd have paid to see that!

Sounds like you came out of everything ok-ish, better bled than dead. And the "no rash" comment is a hint that you're going to be gearing up since you've got a real bike now instead of a noisemaker, I hope :P

Welcome aboard! What color scheme did you get? Austin, eh? I went to UT in the 90s, stayed at Prather for 2 semesters. I still miss that city. And I'm positive it has some great roads around it.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:23 PM

There's a group of guys I know on YouTube that stunt Harleys. Yea I'd rather be broken than dead. I normally wear full gear but I was comming from just down the street so I decided to just wear the lid, bad choice lol. I got the all black one. Yeah we have some great rides around here.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:57 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome indeed. Sorry to hear about ur HD, but glad to hear about ur 12' RR....

Yup. It's one of those OP left turns...hate those...there's nothing riders can do in such scenario...

Glad u r recovering swift...for now on ATGATT....

Keep us posted...

Old 05-02-2012, 07:07 PM

Just remember its alot easier to get into trouble on a 1000 than your old harley. Flick of the wrist and your at a 100+. They sure do stop faster but you have to have the skills to use that stopping power without landing on your face.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:09 PM

Glad your ok BTW! Makes me sick hearing about bike accidents anymore

Old 05-02-2012, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by cbr954rrrider
Just remember its alot easier to get into trouble on a 1000 than your old harley. Flick of the wrist and your at a 100+. They sure do stop faster but you have to have the skills to use that stopping power without landing on your face.
Belive me I know that. I grew up around hotrods and fast bikes. The very first bike I owned and learned on was a 929. Not try to sound cocky just trying to convey my riding expernce. Im far from perfect but I love bikes and ride rain or shine (except right now with 3 casts lol) and strive to become a better rider every day.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by cbr954rrrider
Glad your ok BTW! Makes me sick hearing about bike accidents anymore
Thank you. Thank you for the advice as well.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life
Welcome indeed. Sorry to hear about ur HD, but glad to hear about ur 12' RR....

Yup. It's one of those OP left turns...hate those...there's nothing riders can do in such scenario...

Glad u r recovering swift...for now on ATGATT....

Keep us posted...
Thank you especially for "ATGATT" I have learned that. I'm even goin out and buying racing style protective boots the first day I ride.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
A stoppie on a Harley? I'd have paid to see that!

Sounds like you came out of everything ok-ish, better bled than dead. And the "no rash" comment is a hint that you're going to be gearing up since you've got a real bike now instead of a noisemaker, I hope :P

Welcome aboard! What color scheme did you get? Austin, eh? I went to UT in the 90s, stayed at Prather for 2 semesters. I still miss that city. And I'm positive it has some great roads around it.
Check these vids out and you wont have to pay to see it lol
Matt Mingay Nightster smoking in NZ - YouTube
HARLEY DAVIDSON STUNT RIDER DAN LAIRD STUNTING A 1200 NIGHTSTER!! - YouTube

Quick Reply: My 2012 CBR1000rr Story