liter bike vs 600

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: liter bike vs 600

I go back to my original statement " you all suck buy an RC51". ***** this is some good reading!!!!

Old 07-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

I go back to my original statement " you all suck buy an RC51". ***** this is some good reading!!!!
I think I'm gonna kill this thread before my son, on his Suzuki 80 dirtbike, cleans my clock in the twisties

Old 07-15-2006, 09:31 PM

Jolly good show!!!

But into reply to the first post if you honestly feel you have outgrown your bike than what does any of our opinions matter? I'll say if you want the 1k then buy it and enjoy!

Old 07-16-2006, 04:29 AM

I went from a gixxer 750 to a 1krr. I know I didn't "out grow" the bike at all. I still had way more to go. I always wanted a liter bike and I got an unbeatable offer so I sold my gixxer and got the 1krr. It wasn't my first choice, but now that I have it I'm really glad I got the Honda. I feel more comfortable on this 1krr than I ever did on my gixxer. The entire bike feels more stable and eager to roll into the curves. The way it handles gives me a little more confidence, and the low end power helps too. I like not having to crank up the RPM if I don't want to. Anyhow, that's just my opinion and situation.

Old 07-16-2006, 08:38 PM

Ok, I will say that I will never have the need to ride a liter bike because with the power that the newer 600's have, it would just be a waste of money for me. The '05 600RR that I have is perfect for me and I will never fully utilize it's full potential on the public roads anyways. I can go 160mph if I want to but there is really no need to do this at all. All of you who appear to be touchy when people disagree with you need to get away from the forums for awhile and practice avoiding the soccer-mom's with the cell phone.

Old 07-16-2006, 09:56 PM

i'm 30 and have been riding since i was 8yrs old...dad had a little 50 for me, that thing ruled. i just now got into a 900 and it really scares the shart out of me at times....i had to learn to ride all over again...i will never be able to use this bike to its fullest and neither will any of us on this forum(btw that is not a slam, i'm sure everyone rides well)... if we could, we would be touring around the world with a bunch of guys with funny accents racing every two weeks(go edwards)...that would freakin' kick a$$...

Old 07-17-2006, 05:14 PM

what are you guys talking about? A 600 faster than a 1000 off the line? Thats bs! People think that because a 600 is easier to manage off the line for most people but if you put a skilled rider on both machines at a drag strip back to back you will see the 1000's sixty foot time is faster, period.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:30 AM

ok gentleman,
lets all calm down a little . ive been on this post for about 6 months now and the only bashing ive seen is from other riders on other manufactured bikes coming on the thread bashing us.this post is for 1000rr riders dont let the other guys get to our emotions we all love to ride and i have rode scooters sport bikes big bikes and when all is said and done their all good to ride they are all fun. the very thought that a 600 can out run a 1000rr is intimidating if you are drag racing or doing twisties it realy does come down to the experenced rider i no because where i live we have a lot of mountain roads and the guys that have been riding those roads for a long time can take me with ease. sure i havent been riding my 1000rr for about 6 months now but i had only riden the 600rr for 3 years. they are completely differant bikes but you no what most of those guys have went down this year because they push the limits i dont i just enjoy riding and keeping it on two wheels. from spring until now their have been about 30 bikes go down and you no what from what i read on this forum only 2 bikes i have read about have went down that tells me that we are all good riders but carful at the same time i like mine pretty and shiny and i believe you guys do to.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:02 PM

I'm fresh to this site but I've got to say; this is very entertaining!

Just bought an 06 1000RR after coming off a race-modified 91 F2SS. What a friggin difference! - although I will say I miss the sound of that Two Brothers full racing exhaust coupled with the sound of a throaty carbuerated engine.

There is nothing like hammering the throttle on a 1000RR - out of a corner, at a green light, or when I'm already doing 100 and want to get to 140. The whole 600 1000 thing; it's totally rider preference. For me, I love having the torque to not have to ride at 10k+ to have ridiculous acceleration. For you other 1000 riders out there - you know what I'm talking about. To me - this thread is about the benefits of each bike - not which one's "better". The 1000RR is a wheelie monster, is great for those of us who are acceleration fanatics, and for taller riders, it's more comfortable too.

I just feel sorry for all those poor saps out there cruising around on 4 wheels all the time...

Old 07-19-2006, 11:43 AM

All this bickerin back and forth bout which bike is better is entertaining and all but polish what have u decided to get or were u just throwin in this lil armument just to get a kick outa people goin back and forth bout how good their skills r and how good their bikes r?

Quick Reply: liter bike vs 600