Left Me Stranded

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left Me Stranded

Ok, my 08 has never really seemed to have much zipp in the starter when i flick the switch and i have had it checked no less that three times. i know this isnt a rare problem as i have seen other posts about people saying that it seems to start slowly, or weak.

with that being said, i left my house for a ride yesterday and filled up at the local gas station. upon restarting it turned for a sec and just didnt have the juice. at that point it was time to call for a trailer pickup an it went straight to the dealer. i have the extended warranty but am waiting for the call saying...your battery is dead so you need a new one at xxx price. ****ers better not or im going to go ape**** since i have been complaining about this for a year now.

i always keep it on the battery tender and it carries a full fukin charge. i think the battery they designed is just too small and thus too weak.

any opinions?

Old 09-24-2009, 06:13 AM

i think perhaps you are being a bit melodramatic. you are acting like a woman.
this quote should sum it up.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by justasquid
this quote should sum it up.
that is pretty true, just wondered if anyone might have had a battery/charging issue that was handled by Honda. i was told today that it was the battery, as i thought. just an ongoing issue that i have been dealing with every time i ride it. i never know if it will have enough ***** to start it.

and for the record, refer to me as mr. woman.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:30 PM

^^^ hahahhaha, at least we kno you can take a joke lol. but ya i kno what ur sayin, all the 1000rr's from honda since 04' have sounded the same when you startem, crappy starters or just too small of batterys in my opinion.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:06 AM

and for the record, refer to me as mr. woman.
nah, I was just messn with ya. It was only a couple of days ago you made that comment to someone else who was having an issue.... just thought it was funny and I figured you wouldnt be affended from hearing it back.

I agree, 04's on up have always sounded pretty weak. My 05 has always cranked over really slow, but has always started and Im still on the original battery. Although sometimes I wonder if its going to start as it has been taking longer to start lately.

Is there a warranty on the battery?

Did the charging system check out ok? If the battery is bad, I hope they at least ruled out the charging system as the cause.

If you get stranded again, will it at least push start?

I think the starters are taking too much power, or are too small. Looking at the batteries cca compared to other bikes, they are all around 190cca, yet all of the other liter bikes crank over extremely fast. In fact, a friend of mine used a battery from my old 04 1000rr in his R1 for about 2 weeks and it cranked it over really fast. My battery and his old battery were the same specs. I would think if the battery was to blame, it would have cranked his bike over slow too.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:24 PM

the dealer has a call into honda to try and warranty the battery but i dont see that as happening even though i have the extended warranty on the machine. well see. yes they checked the charging sytem (so they said) and found everything to be ok. also they said that there were no error or fault codes. the mechanic did say that in his opinion, the slow starting is due to the super tiny starter. i wouldnt mind buying a new battery so much if this fukn thing had just started this problem but since it has not started several times before i think there is a flaw bigger than just the battery.

i can take a joke or ribbing as well if not better than the next guy so feel free to bust my ***** like you did. im good with it. they are going to call me today and let me know what honda says about warranty for battery.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:32 PM

ya i mean the whole light weight thing about these bikes is cool and all but id rather have an 08' 2 or 3 pounds heavier just to have a stronger starter.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:21 PM

i was told yesterday that the battery would be covered under warranty. not sure if that is becuse i have the extended or the dealer just thinks it is smarter to make it happen that way.

either way is ok and will be ridin tuesday.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:46 PM

I've noticed this on my 08 ever since i got. my 06 f4i started stronger then this bike.

I guess we gotta live with it for now.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:54 PM

i cant believe honda would do this

Quick Reply: Left Me Stranded