Just tossed my new DMP Rear Stand

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just tossed my new DMP Rear Stand

So I just received a new DMP rear stand that I bought on eBay for $89.

I assembled it (painfully) ...stripped half the bolts putting this "adjustable" stand together. What a piece of crap ! The wheels are crap, the construction is crap...everything about it is crap ! [:'(] [:@] [:@] [:@]

I promptly walked over to the garbage bin and tossed the whole thing away. Trust my new '06 on this ?! Ahhh no way.

Anyway...sorry to vent ... but I would stay away from this stand and thought the least I could do was warn other riders. Then I went down to my local dealer ..paid $100 and bought a great stand (www.ppblift.com)

Socrates

Old 04-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Default RE: Just tossed my new DMP Rear Stand

Thanks for the info. I looked at those and wondered, but I went with the PitBull stands. I hate it that you wasted your hard earned cash on crap. Sounds like you did the right thing by putting your sweet ride up on something better. Have fun on that '06, looks good

Old 04-29-2006, 11:14 PM

good deal i have the same feeling about my front stand that i got from checkerd flag, i think i will junk it

Old 04-30-2006, 08:32 AM

Thanks Repsol. Yeah the girlfriend was giving me a real strange look when she saw me tossing the stand 20 minutes after I unpackaged and assembled it..Oh well....ya live and learn. I hear the pitbulls are great.

Old 04-30-2006, 08:35 AM

Throttleone....Sorry to hear that you have that same eerie feeling about your front stand. You know...after I assembled it the wheels were clanky ...the whole thing was unbalanced (maybe I got a lemon) ..and I just thought...would I rather lose $100...or see my new bike lying sideways on the pavement after it falls off the stand....That would be too painful.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

anybody seen or tried stands from these guys? their feedback certainly looks good.

Old 05-02-2006, 05:33 PM

I was checking out the PitBull stands. Any idea which rear stand is ideally suited fore the CBR1K? There are Standard, SS, spooled, non-spooled etc.
which is the one I should be looking for?

Also, are the website prices pretty competitive? Am thinking of just buying off their website.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:31 PM

I,ve always used the spool type rear stands for my bikes. I must say, the Pit Bull stands seem to be built pretty damn nice. You can adjust the mounts for the spool locators so it will fit just about every brand, except one-sided swingarms of course. I've had some others and this is, by far, the best I've had. I just got a front stand, the one that lifts from the bottom of the tubes, not the triple clamp, and it seems to be very sturdy. I looked at one by Cycle Cat, (go to oncycles.com) and it had a pretty impressive looking engineering design to it, but it was near $200. I'm completely happy with my Pit Bulls. I got mine from Brad. Most of the internet/mail order prices seem to be pretty close to each other. I start shopping for best shipping price when I get close on actual prices. Check superbikesupply.com for the best price, definitely cheaper than off the Pit Bull site. Hope I helped ya out some. Have fun, be safe.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:47 PM

You can't beat the prices and quality from CheckeredFlag Motorsports. Just my .02 cents.

Old 05-28-2006, 11:46 AM

Hey I did the pitbull stand. It cost a little more ($14%) but came highly recommended by experienced riders I know.

J-

Quick Reply: Just tossed my new DMP Rear Stand