Just returned from Deals Gap (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just returned from Deals Gap (pics)

I posted in the Rides section -- thought I would put a link here for those that don't make it over to that section very often:

https://cbrforum.com/m_170816/tm.htm

Old 10-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Default RE: Just returned from Deals Gap (pics)

Looks like a nice trip ofg !! Lil buff/wax on that old turd and it would prob look pretty good !! (the van)

Old 10-03-2006, 04:59 PM

Thanks Branden!

Yeah, I thought about sprucing up the van, but then I figure the worse it looks, the less chance someone will want to steal it -- and my bikes in the back!

Old 10-03-2006, 05:13 PM

Your prob right ! Sad but true ! Maybe an A TEAM theme ? [sm=violent053.gif]

Old 10-03-2006, 06:43 PM

When we had the bikes loaded in the back, we stretched a blanket out behind the seats and blocked off the windows so you couldn't just casually walk by and see the bikes were in there.

I need to booby-trap it!

Old 10-03-2006, 07:05 PM

Limo window tint works good for that. Makes it quite a bit harder to get the glass out too, if they break a window, but having done AAA lock-outs for 10 years, i could be in that thing in under 15 seconds n not leave a scratch !! Loved em cuz i knew it was gonna be eazy ! The vent window is super easy to get open. If you could do s/thing about that it would help a lot, and then you could prob put a hidden cut out switch on for about $5 bucks in parts from autozone or w/ever. Don't know if you've ever tinted, but those flat van windows are about as easy as it gets, and on a beater, a bubble or two r only gonna help if your not wanting to draw attention. The vent would be the most important to me tho. U use a slim jim which every goober in the world has, and a hanger.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:20 PM

Got any ideas on how to fix the Vent window?? I thought about that, but don't have a clue how to do anything about it?

Old 10-03-2006, 08:20 PM

How its done is by bending a slim jim at the end, about an inch of it, to a 90, slide it inbetween the weather seal under the latch and use the bent end to push the button while using a hanger to turn the latch. The easist way would be to j-b weld a nut around the button so it wasn't so easy, but you could still stick s/thing in there to open it pretty easy from the inside. Kinda a sloppy way to do it, but it would work/easy/cheap. Otherwise you would have to make a little shield that would keep you from being able to get under/inbetween the seal. I forget the name of it, but they sell a glue/epoxy at most handyman hardware stores that might work better than j-b. See the display for it all the time w/stuff glued to glass/plastic n w/not. You could just disable it, but it is kinda nice to use it now and again. Even just putting s/thing on it that made the latch hard to twist would help a lot. Altho, it has to be pretty tight, or you can just push the glass in a lil to loosen it up, if you know what i mean. I think i would try the nut. If it falls off, your out $.20 . that was the only time they were hard to get into was if the button or latch was stiff. The nut would def keep you from being able to press the button in as i described tho. From the inside, a pen or just about a/thing like that would open it.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:04 PM

hmmmmm... I see what you're saying. I'll think on it a while and see if I can come up with something... if not, the nut sounds like a good idea.

Thanks! [sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 10-04-2006, 11:41 AM

I've seen people use s/thing to "latch the latch" too, but you've already got a s/j in there, so pushing a hanger or wire off the latch is not all that hard. A cheap 2/3 wire alarm is about $20 or 30 now too, but won't keep em from taken it when your not around. btw, thanks for your help w/the image thing !! [sm=icon_rtfm.gif]