Just bought an 08 CBR 1000RR, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock up on oil, cause it's gonna burn it.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black1KRR
Stock up on oil, cause it's gonna burn it.
thats not so with all the 08's

Old 03-07-2010, 01:32 AM

Hey thanks for the suggestions fellas, and I will certainly look into the gear indicator and speedo healer. I have been looking for a good undertail, i have found many, but I dont want one where im gonna be cutting and drilling to make it fit. Do any of you know where to get one that just slips right on? Also, I wanted a smoke tail light, the bike is candy apple red/silver/black, I believe it would look good.... agree/disagree?

Old 03-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

would look great, but not be as visible

Old 03-07-2010, 07:22 AM

Good point about the visibility, but would it really be that big of a difference? I just dont like the clear LED look thats all. As for the undertail, any recommendations? I had been looking at the competition werkes, and the hotbodies one. I have the hotbodies style on my F4i, it looks pretty good, but I was wondering if they competition werkes would look better. I also remember having to cut quite a bit to get the hotbodies to fit my F4i.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:50 AM

^^^^^ it isnt clear, it is RED. so now you dont need to buy a smoked one. my undertail bolted right on and it is found on Ebay or you can go to his website and buy direct. it is cheaper if you buy it off of Ebay. Bikelitez.com.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big McLargeHuge RR
I have been looking for a good undertail, i have found many, but I dont want one where im gonna be cutting and drilling to make it fit.
Candy apple red bike and a fender eliminator that doesn't require drilling and cutting, eh? I can help with that.

Name:  P1030341a.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  66.8 KB

I went with an EvoTech FE and their short stem turn signals. I removed the license plate light and now the plate fits right up against the tail light. It provides enough illumination that I haven't been hassled. The license plate light that comes with the EvoTech kit is pretty useless.

And here's my GIpro gear indicator mounted:

Name:  P3040007.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  67.0 KB

Old 03-08-2010, 02:25 AM

Haha, ight Tbagr, I aware that its not clear when its turned on, but when you turn the bike off its just a clear tail light, and I dont like the way that looks. I mean, unless you and I are talking about different things.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:27 AM

Also, thanks for the pics roadijeff, Im def gonna consider your set up. I like the taylormade exhaust, and definately like the gear indicator, as for the evotech though, i was gonna get a tail light with integrated turn signals more than likely.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:59 AM

RoadiJeff: What kind of Frame Sliders are those?

Big McLargeHuge RR: Maybe i missed it in your post but are you getting frame sliders? I know from experience that frame sliders saved my pocket book in the past...
Myself, i just bought this bike also but havnt found the right set to buy. I know on my R6 the Vortex sliders were awesome.. But i dont think i want to have the base that vortex do. Thanks for your thread because its given me ideas on what to get also.

Quick Reply: Just bought an 08 CBR 1000RR, any suggestions?