I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO RUN BOTH HEADLIGHTS WITH HIGHBEAMS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 05:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO RUN BOTH HEADLIGHTS WITH HIGHBEAMS!!!

All of my motorcycles that i've ever had has had 2 headlights on at all times, with highbeams also. Now honda and alot of other bikes have made it one light one at all times, and both only in highbeam mode. This sucks i want people to be able to see me, and when i'm on a back road that has a hard right then a sharp left and no street lights I need both of my high beam lights. I ride hard and I just don't feel safe pushing my bike to the limits when I can't see what's 50 yards ahead of me? I never conplain, I've had a CBR 900, 929, and now a 2004 1000RR. Please I'm begging, does anyone know a safe way to set up my bike so that I have both headlights on at all times and have high beams as well. I've asked around and everyone I've talked to says it will melt my wireing harness? If they used to have it, there's got to be a safe way to do this modification. Anyone, everyone I realy want to do this. And do it the right way!!! So if anyone has successfully accomplished this modification please tell me how you did it or where I can get it done. thanks adam

Old 09-16-2006, 06:19 AM
Default RE: I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO RUN BOTH HEADLIGHTS WITH HIGHBEAMS!!!

ok ive had an 05' then traded to a 06' both 1krr and both with the same thing that annoyed the **** out of me.... The damn one light. I've wanted to do the same as you and have both lights on, with low and high as i needed.. BUT

1. The wiring needs to be rewired...No biggy
2. You currently have H7 which are single filaments... Change to H4, Dual filaments...No Biggy
3. The Globe holders will not allow H4 golbes....Modify Globe holders...No Biggy
4. Now for the biggy..... If you look carefully at your lights, you will see that the low beam side has a different reflector to the highbeam side. As the low beam side has more of a wide beam reflector.. And the high beam side has more of a pointy reflector... So problem is, even if you did rewire and modify and make it all work? you are still going to have problems with reflectors. So the two lights will never be the same as the other! even with the same light bulb!!! lots of people including myself, just run high beams all the time. Just adjust your high to point alittle lower..Problem with this is you have no high beams.... If you used the search button, you would of been able to read about all this... Also there has been many post on this topic! Just search and you shall recieve....................Good luck

Old 09-16-2006, 07:01 AM

thanks for the info. i've read alot of different people trying different ways. most melt the wires because the harness is not set up to hold the extra voltage. most people switch from a 2 prong to a 3 prong light and run the left side straight to the right and to the harness. DON'T DO THIS!!! they have all melted their wires. the closiest i've come to a safe fairly easy step by step guide that could work? but when the person posted the add he had just done it and i have'nt followed up on weither it worked or not. he gave very detailed instructions on how to do it and it sounded like it was possible! his name is Dgr8wun I showed it to my local bike shop and for liabilaty reasons, and the chance that I might melt all the wires to my harness. I set up and appointment for my electrician who works on bikes as well to go through the plans and see what he says? He's been rideing for a while so lets see what he has to say i trust this guy completly. If you want I can fax you a copy of the one diagram, it's a step by step diagram of how too do it the right way,(like i said when i downloaded it he had just done it) so by know he can tell us if it worked. If you already have what im talking about let me know if you know it works? I can fax it to you if you want me to either e-mail me or just call me at 561-262-8575 adam and mabye between the 2 if us we can figure something out. now lets pray

Old 09-16-2006, 07:04 AM

another quick question how do you adjust the headlight to shine lower?

Old 09-16-2006, 01:10 PM

if you look on the back of your lights. Where the bulb goes in. On the side that is low beam, where the bulb goes in. just above it to the left you will see a bolt that is also a philips head? You get a screw driver and turn it. For me in Australia it is clockwise up and anti clockwise is down... for U.S it might be same direction or different but the bolt will be in the same location.... Also if you could email that diagram to me as I would really really like to do the conversion if it really works. I have enclosed what the owners manual diagram. Very easy if you just look for the bolt on the back of your lights... Hope this helped....?

DRDRFT@BIGPOND.COM.AU

[IMG]local://upfiles/8881/8264F1F7FEF34AD39A8584943D08A62F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-17-2006, 12:09 AM

I have a diagram posted here on how to mod without overheating wires. It DOES NOT rectify the projector issue though. I have this mod on mine and just re-adjusted my right side down to match the left side, and use the extra wattage of the high beam filament to illuminate more. Here is where youl find that diagram: https://cbrforum.com/fb.asp?m=129876

Old 09-19-2006, 08:24 PM

that worked great i can see alot more infront of me and farther away. I adjusted both so i have a little in frot of the bike some on the sides and some farther down the road. it took awhile but it worked out thanks alot adam