how to make bike more visible from behind?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to make bike more visible from behind?

hey guys i have been told my bike is hard to see from behind. i was wondering what i can do to make it more visible. i was thinking maybe a strobe in the rear taillight or some neon on the back. i have a diy fender eliminator and i don't want new turn signals. any suggestions?

Old 05-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Default RE: how to make bike more visible from behind?

A strobe in the rear might be painful.

Seriously though, your not going to be able to add lighting that will help during the day, so the real concern is at night, correct?

I suggest making sure that you first make sure you leave the stock reflectors on the bike. In addition, get some riding gear that has alot of reflective stuff on it. You can even get reflective tape, maybe add a stripe to your helmet or something.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:06 AM

yeah i'm talking about at night. what do you guys think of adding neon to the back of the bike? i was thinking of getting a second helmet for at night that is more visible right now my helmet is plain black.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:51 PM

have you thought about an led rotating bulb, bulb is a 1157 just make sure its red, as they do come in clear, red, blue and other colors\

Old 01-07-2009, 09:41 PM

I bought a red honda joe rocket jacket, red glovesand wear them every time I ride. The guys I ride with say they can see that jacket all the time.(bike is black) Add smal reflectors on rear fender and the sides. Honda sells the stock reflecters.90 % of my riding is at night and it is impotant to havered gear or red reflectors on the bike. You want a red tail light verses a clear or any other color. That's why they use red on tail lights. Easier to see. Between the jacket and extra reflecters you should be safe.Good Luck Ride Safe

Old 01-08-2009, 02:38 AM

good suggestions already. You would be better off making yourself more visible than the bike itself... as long as your taillight is visible for braking and your turn signals are of good quality and visible. They sell helmet halo's.. basically a reflective wrap that goes on the lower portion of your helmet. Very visible at night.

Keep in mind, if you do install reflective tape on your bike, little pieces here and there go a long way. They sell tape that is many differenttypes including black or clear, so having it match your bike should be fairly easy.

Besides these issues. Have you figured out why your bike is harder to see than your friends? Do you have a smoked taillight or anything? Normally, Led taillights are very bright and not hard to see. Just curious.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:29 AM
June 2009 ROTM

Considering he asked the question 2 1/2 years ago I'm betting he figured something out by now, hehe

Old 01-08-2009, 05:55 AM

Considering he asked the question 2 1/2 years ago I'm betting he figured something out by now, hehe
DOH... I didnt even see that. haha. The 1000RR section is usually so dead, I was just happy to see what I thought was a new topic.... Darn it.....