CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/)
-   -   How to know if regulator or stator is bad (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/how-know-if-regulator-stator-bad-153632/)

jabroni racing 07-04-2015 08:22 PM

How to know if regulator or stator is bad

2006 CBr 1000rr, When to start the bike, gauges all lit up when key turned, hit the starter button then click, everything went dead. Checked all fuses, figured battery was shot but when i jump (cables to another batter) the bike it will start and run but as soon as i remove the cables its shuts right off and no power at all, how do i know what to replace??? Ive been told voltage regulator & possibly stator..

74demon 07-04-2015 10:09 PM

Sounds like the battery is no good.

Try a good battery and test the voltage while its running. Hopefully you have 13.5 to 14.5.

jabroni racing 07-05-2015 06:15 AM

if it was the battery, once its started and i un-hooked it the bike shouldnt have shut off, the alternator shouldve kept it running... that what ive always been told

74demon 07-05-2015 08:06 AM

Check your voltages. The charging systems don't charge all that much at low rpms, if at all.

IDoDirt 07-05-2015 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by jabroni racing (Post 1289689)
if it was the battery, once its started and i un-hooked it the bike shouldnt have shut off, the alternator shouldve kept it running... that what ive always been told

That works fine on a car, but not on a bike. If your battery is dead, the alternator is not enough to power everything.

jabroni racing 07-05-2015 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt (Post 1289692)
That works fine on a car, but not on a bike. If your battery is dead, the alternator is not enough to power everything.

Are you serious??? so if the battery is straight dead, and i jump the bike, the bike shouldnt stay running??? Ive never heard of that.. when i jumped it i tried it with & without the bike battery hooked to connectors, the same thing happened, as soon as i unplug the jumper batter the bike shuts off and no power at all

Jeff Attaway 03-30-2021 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by jabroni racing (Post 1289680)
2006 CBr 1000rr, When to start the bike, gauges all lit up when key turned, hit the starter button then click, everything went dead. Checked all fuses, figured battery was shot but when i jump (cables to another batter) the bike it will start and run but as soon as i remove the cables its shuts right off and no power at all, how do i know what to replace??? Ive been told voltage regulator & possibly stator..

Try replacing the kill switch ,

Al1040 03-31-2021 12:34 PM

Hi Jeff,
That post was from 2015 so he has probably sorted it one way or another.
Please introduce yourself to the forum, where are you from, new to biking, had loads of bikes hobbies etc.
We also love pictures:)