How fast have you crashed before??

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 07:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How fast have you crashed before??

last yr this b@$tard in a Corolla took me out @ 70ish on the fwy (hit & run) thats over a 100 in metric !
but i was lucky to walk away from that crash ... plastics and front rim had to be replaced though

what really saved me was my good ol' Blackberry in my butt pocket since I more or less ground it into the ground while sliding on my azz !

Old 12-05-2006, 10:50 AM

Just about a month a go on my way to work my front tire hit a wide painted stripe while I was braking to make a right hand turn. The front end washed out and I slid all the way through the intersection on my side. I would estimate my speed to have been about 25 or 30 mph. The bike only suffered a damaged upper fairing and side case while I ended up with a broken collar bone. Hopefully I will be able to ride again in another 2 or 3 weeks.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:58 PM

LOL!!! hahaha..you guys make me laugh out loud in my bedroom!!!! Some stories you guys have..some hilarious while some scary!! [&:]

Well keep 'em coming!! LOL...

Old 12-05-2006, 03:41 PM

1984 I think first year kawasaki came out with ninja 900 running from the police.speeds over 130 mph in a 30 mph zone.back street country roads.Blowing red lights like I was super man.came up to turn best you could attempt would have been maybe 50 mph.I tried my best but couldnt do it got it down t0 about 80mph.****ed up thing is the only thing I remeber about the crash was flying over the handle bars and looking down on my gauges.The run I will never forget It scares me to think what was going on in my mind I dont know why I did it. I dont recomend anyone ever doing what I did. . When I woke up police every where ambulance and lots of people checking out the wreck.It was wrecked and so was i.Police came into the emergency room latter on threw the tickets on my chest and walked out.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:06 PM

Riding my CBR 1000 RR 5 days after I got it. Up on one of those roads that has a lot if curves, and doing fine. Came up on a hill that curves right at the crest. Hit dried up mud leaning, that a couple of 4 wheelers left going across the road right were the curve is. Bike and I kept straight right off the road and hit the ditch at about 90 MPH. I did about $5700 worth of damage to the bike. I had to replace just about every piece of plastic. I was very lucky not to do any damage to the frame not the rims. I remember flipping over the bars when I hith the ditch, and the bike flipped over and landed on top o me. I was pretty messed up, but manage to walk away without any broken bones, road rash, or cuts. Since then, the bike had been totally re-vamped.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:42 AM

Legend
Red = The road I did cover
Pink = The route I was going to take
Star = where I crashed at

Well we got tons of roads in vegas, but this one is one of the best. I really dont want to get into detail because it was the stupidest thing i ever done. Kind-of like how your trying to ride a bike before you can even crawl.. So I was going about 75mphs and lost control of the bike at that turn. I wasnt on the bike at the time and it led me into the median where i hit the curb at 75mph or faster. The bike and I flew into the air, I remember seeing my bike to my left before hitting the ground seconds later. My heat was racing but my whole body was numb, I couldnt even feel the wind across my skin. Then I made contact with the ground. I think I was still going about 60mphs or so while sliding but all i was thinking is "I'm going to die". I was sliding on my elbows and knees then I realize to turn on my back to cushion the slide on more area then on just one certain part. I remember hitting my head on the curb (i slid from the median to oncomming traffic side to the curb side) I believe i hit it about 35-40mph and then i rapidly slowed down and somehow my feet got traction on the ground and my upper-body poped into the air. I start to run trying to slow myself down without falling on my face and successfully did so. First thing i did was take off my helmet and looked at my bike - I was so pissed off i chunked my helmet into the wall saying "F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". I ran over to my bike looking at the damage and started to pick up pieces trying to put them back together, hoping i could salvage what's left of my bike and ride it home. But no use, Anti-freeze was leaking out and forks were bent. Still trying to put the pieces back together, I lost my adrenaline rush and the pain hit me so hard I dropped to my knees. The road was about 120+ degrees (vegas that summer was about 107 or so) and the sun was burning my back. Then i realised my pants were ripped into shreds and my wife beater didnt coop to any protection i needed. I was only in basketball shorts for underwear and they were tattered as well.

A generous family was driving down the road looking at houses and saw me on the side with road-rash and my bike. They pulled over quickly and were running to my side telling me to sit down on the curb and they will call 9-11. I wasnt really conscience of what was going on but I remember how hurt i felt seeing there son in the back of the car lookin at me crying. I felt horrible like "no one should be seeing something like this". Well the family was trying to ask me questions like "if anything was broken?" etc etc - I was trying to answer what I could but I started to move for my cell-phone that was thrown about 50ft from where I was sitting (when i hit the median, it flew right out of my pocket i believe) I picked it up and called my parents to come pick me up.. The family that were aiding me gave me some bottle water and had some towels to wipe any blood or gravel on my back off. I remember the wife was trying to control herself from what she was seeing, she would now and then look at my back seeing what i wiped off and what the damage was. I tried to keep a smile on my face, making small jokes like "so how is your day?" and "nice weather were having.." I dont take pain well but making jokes and laughing is my way to unburden my problems. Well when my parents got to me, i got in the back of the truck and just kind-of looked to my left to see the family that helped me out - for some reason I had to look at their plates and saw california. I kind-of changed my view on californians right then and there. When your a vegan, you hate cali's - that's just how it is. But I thank them for taking time to help me out, not many people in vegas would stop to help. Well my parents drove me to UMC and my mom kept looking back with that like look like "OMG,

Old 12-06-2006, 02:11 AM

90+ mph when I was 19 wearing jeans, helmet and a t-shirt. It hurts ..... don't do it. Nothing broken but lots of rash and a few scars that are still here 21 years later.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:48 AM

ORIGINAL: blade17fire

LOL!!! hahaha..you guys make me laugh out loud in my bedroom!!!! Some stories you guys have..some hilarious while some scary!! [&:]

Well keep 'em coming!! LOL...
a long time ago, i was rushing home after a party (back then i was still in school & had a tiny 98cc 2-stroke 11hp Yamaha !)
anyway it was late @ night i came flying up a blind crest to see that the municipal workers had pretty much excavated the road leaving one little spot in the slow lane to pass their "Taxes @ work" zone
in my panic i locked the rear - decelerated from 60ish to about 40 when i hit the man-sized rocks head-on

the bike bounced off and fell to its side (scratched tank, bent forks & rim, flat tire, etc) but not before it catapulted me into the rocks
when i opened my eyes i had the breath knocked out of me but i was unhurt (at least i thought so)
so i picked up the bike & rode home

the next morning i stepped out of bed and jumped straight back in (my left ankle was broken since it got caught between the shifter & the pegs) but when you're young you heal fast so within 10 days i was back on my bike with the plastered foot et al

fWiW to this day i still have this scar (inner blunt trauma) on my right tricep

Old 12-07-2006, 02:51 AM

vermono - Nasty crash you had there!! Ouch!...

Well, the incident I had in the 1st post isn't the nastiest I had..juz the fastest.

I had this accident a few years back riding a Honda RVF 400(NC 35). It happened on my 'favourite right curve' stretch of road on the highway. I was so confident on this curve as it was my favourite and passed it many times. One day, my confidence had the better of me and I low sided in the middle of the steep bend! Luckily I rolled myself instead of sliding across the tarmac so the rashes I suffered aren't so bad. My pocket rocket(a smaller version of the Superbike used in 2000) slid across the highway and crashed into the side wall..

The injuries I suffered were the many spots of rashes here and there and a badly twisted right foot..I was given 7 days of medical leave and i have to hop on my left leg everywhere I go for a week! Now thats tiring...LOL!!

Lesson learnt : Never be over confidence ; always be in a proper riding attire..jacket and jeans at least ; check your tires daily( it caused me to low sided) ; it made me $4700 poorer!!!

Old 12-07-2006, 04:19 AM

1997. I was 18 and hit a car that turned in front of me when I was doing 70+ (after slowing) in a 40 zone. I was on my f2 leaving work and my friends said "c'mon, let's see you take off!" So I did, right through a red light... I barely grazed the cars front bumper, but it was enough send me over the bars. My left foot smacked the bars on the way over and snapped two bones. After that, the police report said I flew and tumbled 100 yards on the asphalt. Since I was wearing khaki's, dress shoes, and a heavy coat (it was late January in Alabama and I worked at Office Max at the time), my legs, hips and ankles got the worst of it. Physical therapy every day for a month on all my wounds to help the skin heal. I can assure you of this: I'll never ride again in shoes that don't have some sort of ankle protection. My right ankle was ground down to the bone, and the doctors and nurses aren't exactly gentle when cleaning out abrasions. That SUCKS, no matter how good the drugs are.

ME = total squid

That's when I became a believer in Honda's though. The bike tumbled farther than I did and was completely trashed (bent forks, clip-ons, swingarm, rear wheel, etc...) It was dropped off at my house on a flatbed truck the...on it's side. And when I got the nerve to try to start it again, it fired up like a champ after a couple cranks.

Quick Reply: How fast have you crashed before??