CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/)
-   -   How To Break In A New Motor????? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/how-break-new-motor-89051/)

SilverF3 03-12-2009 09:10 AM

How To Break In A New Motor?????

The Big Question is Soft Or Hard?
Baby or Not?

How would you break in a bread new bike?

Thanks

buffddy16 03-12-2009 09:15 AM

i just wouldnt red line it until u do the first service at 600 miles and u should be good

woogie 03-12-2009 09:18 AM

Why does everyone think that Honda engineers are smart enough to build the best bikes in the world, yet not smart enough to write break-in procedures? GO BY THE BOOK!

mininsx 03-12-2009 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by woogie (Post 756217)
Why does everyone think that Honda engineers are smart enough to build the best bikes in the world, yet not smart enough to write break-in procedures? GO BY THE BOOK!

I agree, "go by the book" should have been a choice.

tfonner 03-12-2009 10:27 AM

When I brought home my repsol my mechanic told me to ride it the way you plan on riding it. The only thing the manual said is to avoid full throttle starts.

some guy #2 03-12-2009 12:55 PM

Beat on it, change oil and filter and your good to go.

DWT74 03-12-2009 04:55 PM

I broke mine in as follows, first 100miles i didnt turn over 5000rpm, then the next 100 miles was 7000rpm max, then the next 100 miles was 9000rpm max. i didnt get into the rev limiter till 800 plus miles. Hope this helps.

SilverF3 03-12-2009 08:05 PM

thanks alot i should have already new the answer, kinda a dumb question. But thank you anyway, For some reason the ppl in the 1000rr threads are alot more helpfull and nicer then the f3 i use to fall under. lol thanks hope to stay in this group, but i do love the site dont get me wrong the f3 section helped me alot also, just not so responsive and fast, thanks again.

I really cant wait to get this bike,just doin my homework and resarch befor i buy a 10,000+ item.
Plus Gota save a big down payment,lol dont want to be in 200$ to 300$ payments a month.thanks again

SD2007 03-12-2009 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by woogie (Post 756217)

Burn the book!!! Corporate lawyers have more to do with the wording of the break-in procedures than the engineers. Just look at Kawasaki, for the longest time every Ninja, from the 250 to the ZX-11 rolled off the assembly line with the exact same break-in sticker placed on the tach. That should tell you a lot about the priorities of motorcycle companies. Do you think any company would be stupid enough to recommend using full throttle under any circumstance? Hell no. But that's what it takes for optimal break in of a modern sportbike engine. Just ask experts like Kevin Cameron. He'll tell you short bursts of full throttle is what's best. Honda doesn't give a rat's ass if your engine makes a few percent less power because you chose to break it in "by the book".

SilverF3 03-13-2009 07:59 AM

Ok so if honda dont care that your engine makes all its power if you break it in by the book, the question is will the engine last longer if you do so.
And i think im going to just ride it how ever i ride it but not to dam crazy. maybe this will work and everyone keeps on sayin full throttle, Its a new dam 1000rr how fast do you need to go on city streets. even under the revs by the book its most likely fast as hell anyway, im Cruzin. With bursts lol