Hotbodiesracing undertail exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotbodiesracing undertail exhaust

Has anybody tried the Hotbodiesracing undertail exhaust for the Repsol 1000RR? I am trying to decide between the Yoshimura RS-5 slip on and the Hotbodiesracing exhaust. Any info will be appreciated.

How about a sound clip to hear how good it sounds. Anybody?

Old 08-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Default RE: Hotbodiesracing undertail exhaust

I don't know too much about it but from what I have read do not trust anything from hotbodies. Do a search on that and see what you find out.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:42 PM

One of my boys has an 05 1k and the hotbodies exhaust/undertail and it gets so hot that it melted part of the undertail and his front seat gets so hot that when we ride he poars water in his front seat when we stop. The worst 750 dollars he ever spent.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:56 PM
L8X

hotbodies stuff is junk. they never fit right, the colors are off, and they crap easily [:@] [:'(]

Old 08-17-2005, 03:13 AM

Thanks a lot everybody for your feedback. I really-really like the clean look of the HBR (HotBodiesRacing) undertail exhaust, but I am not willing to deal with overheating issues. I just e-mailed HBR asking for feedback on this matter. I will post their response as soon as I get a reply.

So, is the Yoshimura RS-5 the way to go? 439DLLS +S&H, plus integrated signal and fender eliminator will pretty much puts me close to $ of the HBR undertail exhaust.

The top is never the top!.

Old 08-17-2005, 03:16 AM

Have you heard the 2 Bros Slip On yet??? Sounds tufffffff!!!!

Old 08-17-2005, 03:53 AM

No, I haven't heard the two brothers yet. I did get to listen (Sound clips) some others like:

Slip ons:
Jardine Ti RT1, Jardine Aluminum RT1, Micron twin outlet, Arata Ti, Erion, Sato Ti, Yoshimura.
Full system.:
Arrow replica

I found all of them on this guys website: http://hooliganbiketech.dynup.net/ho...frameindex.htm.

I know it is not the same hearing the different exhausts through the computer, but at least gives you an Idea of how they sound. The site has some other cool mods.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:05 AM
L8X

try the devil magnum [8D]

Old 08-17-2005, 04:43 AM

[IMG]This is the first time I hear about the Magnum Devil Exhaust. The funny thing, is that I did a search for "Magnum Devil" and I got tons of hits about Magnum dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners (Jajajajaja). It was not until I added "exhaust" at the end of Magnum Devil that I got the Devilbikes website. Thank you for the info.

Now, so far, all of the slip on I have checked out only add a couple of HPs (4-7) to the bikes, so at this point I want something that looks good sounds (deep enough) and powerful for my Repsol. [/IMG]

Old 08-18-2005, 01:01 PM

Okay, as promised, here is the response from HotBodiesRacing in regards to their Undertail exhaust for the Repsol 1000RR:

E_MAIL/QUESTION:

I have been looking for reviews on the Hotbodiesracing undertail exhaust for the Hondas 1000RR, and there is a trend towards overheating of the front seat problems and fitting issues with the systems. Now, I personally like the clean look of the system, but I do not want to deal with my seat getting so hot that I would have to pour water to cool it down. I would think you guys have received and replied numerous amount of e-mails about this issue. What I would like to know is if this is true and what needs to be done to correct the problem (If any). Anybody who spends 799 DLLS for a slip on exhaust like yours, should be receiving a good quality system.

Does the HotBodiesRacing company carries a customer satisfaction policy?

RESPONSE:

for that bike we honestly have had no problems. The problem that we get usually is that the customer doesnt slide the s-bend over the stock pipe so it cause fitment problems but as for heating up the stock seat it doesnt get hotter then what the stock pipe heats up ...we do have a 100% satisfaction policy for the undertail exhaust kit.

Quick Reply: Hotbodiesracing undertail exhaust