is honda trying to screw me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry is honda trying to screw me?

ok so i am in iraq, i have an 08 cbr 1000rr. and on leave one day, i pull into my driveway and the bike dies right as i pulled in. it was overheated and the fan wasnt kicking on.... i wait, then when its cool i try cranking it again... cranks but doesnt turn. it sounds like everything is good with it, but it REALLY sounds like a fuel problem. well anyway i had my dad go talk to honda before bringing it in. they said they think its fuel is clogged somewhere in the lines and they wanna start by pulling my tank and start flushing... am i crazy or is that just plain stupid? common sence tell me to get a multimeter and check power to the EFI and make sure its not electrical bc it sure does sound like an electrical issue to me. i could see a clog or something somewhere if i had a significant power loss before it died but NOTHING just bam... i was riding it pretty hard that day and i came down off of a few wheelies pretty hard... do yall think this is a fair assumption on the dealers part? or are you on my side and think their are atleast 3-5 different diagnosing procedures befure randomly flushing systems? oh and if anyone has experience with a problem like this please let me know! *end of rant*

Old 08-24-2010, 03:48 AM

I've never even heard of fuel clogging up and needing a flush. However, if they jumped right on and said they think they know what it is, it probably means they have had several 1000RR's have the same issue, and they will be checking your bike in the same manner as the other bikes have been fixed.

The real problem here is that you didn't call yourself. Its always best to call the dealership yourself so you know exactly what they are talking about. Im not saying your dad didn't transfer the information to you correctly, but it does happen. I would certainly call the dealership myself and have them say exactly what steps they will take first. Im sure they will be doing checks along the way. I can't see any dealership just jumping to a conclusion and bypassing procedures.

in the end, if you feel you can't trust the dealership, call a different one. Theres nothing holding you to one dealership.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:52 AM

that happened to me. turned out the fuel lines were clogged with gunk along with my tank

Old 09-03-2010, 08:06 PM

Use skype to call Its like 3.99 a month to call whatever US phone... I used skype like a FIEND while I was in IRAQ

(that is if you have a laptop with working speakers and a microphone)