HISS and Oil light on...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 04:15 PM
pmt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HISS and Oil light on...

Hi,

Fisrt of all, congratulation for this EXCELENT forum ;-)

I'm having some problems with my 1kRR '05... some times, when i'm riding, the HISS light and Oil light turn on and the bike loss some power... its like some injection failure or something similar. This happens for a second and then gets normal again :S :S

someone have any idea what is this?

thanks!

Old 04-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Default RE: HISS and Oil light on...

Old 04-12-2006, 05:42 AM
pmt

Thanks for the info!

The MIL does not blink even with ignition ON or motor running at idle :s :s
so, if I understand well, I'll only be able to see de error codes using the SCS service connector? :-(

Old 04-12-2006, 06:22 AM

You Can Short the connector with your own homemade `tool` A thin gauge insulated (from You) wire should do it. But Being a 2005 bike isn`t it an option to get the dealer to look at it under warranty before you need to get your hands dirty?

Old 04-12-2006, 07:18 AM
pmt

Yes, you are right. I've installed an Arrow pipe by my self and i'm afraid that Honda complains about that... but it seems that the problem isn't related with the Pipe... i don't beleve... :-)

thanks for the advise.

cheers

Old 04-12-2006, 07:28 AM

Ah, in that case I bet I know exactly what caused it.....

When you removed the stock can did you take the cables of the exhaust valve servo? And if so did you mark its starting position so it could be returned to it starting position when youd got the cables out?

If not, then thats your problem...... Although there isn`t an exhaust valve in your Arrow pipe the ECU still thinks there is and if you don`t set that Servo back to what should be its starting position the ecu will send your fueling map all out for the can thats on. And also make the Fi light come on with the oil light.

Question is if this is the case how do you find the original starting place for the servo? And thats a very good question which I don`t know the answer to.... I`ll look into it.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:48 AM
pmt

Well... I removed the cables and I have marked one point before turning the servo arround to remove the cables and then put it back to the original position... anyway this is one very probably cause of this issue...
I spoke with a mechanic that said that the servo position doesn't mater because when you turn the ignition on it will come up to the initial position... well, I have some doubts about it, and I don't beleave it ;-)

I'll google-it a litter more to find out how can I fix this.

ps.: this failure only happens from time to time without any pattern... if the exhaust valve servo is not calibrated, shouldn't it happens all the time?

thanks man

Old 04-12-2006, 08:38 AM

??? dunno on the intermitent, gotta be that tho.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:48 PM
pmt

Not sure if it is the final solution for this problem, but... I have set the servomotor a litle bit to the right... maybe a luky shot, but till now, no more problems. Tomorow I'll test it better and post the results... :-)

thanks a lot for your help!

Old 05-04-2006, 11:49 AM
pmt

Just an update on this issue... could help some one in the future. (hope you'll never need it :-) :-) )

The problem persist after trying too many tricks... I went to a Honda Mechanic and the guy doesn't discover any error code or problem with the bike... :S no errors, no disconected cables, etc... but, the bike still hanging... [:@] Last suggestion was to disconnect completely the alarm! yes, the Alarm! It's very stange and till now don't make too much sense for me, but, removing all the alarm cables solve the issue till now... I'm running with the bike for almost 2 weeks and no problem till now....