help plz (two brother exhaust)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help plz (two brother exhaust)

Greetings all,

i recently sold my 2007 black 1000rr and bought me a repsol of the same year with only 6000 km

i need to install a slip on i dont have much cash and i need a mean loud exhaust i dnt care for the power delivery because to be honest my 1000rr got more power than i need,
so my choice is the two brother exhaust because i think it looks so nice and got this deep sound, but i realized that the two brother slip on exhasut cause fire flame from it i mean whenever u throtle you can the fire flame coming fom ur exhaust which i think is so coool and nice i saw it on my frnd's r1 bike and my other frnd's gsxrbike they both got two brother exhaust and both spit fire.
so is this safe?
i knw its spitting fire because of the valve issue and cause the twobrother pipe is straight pipe doesnt have the s shape that will let the engine lose power i really dont knw much abt the issue,
but u guys do u think its safe ? the spitting fire issue?
seems that two brother is well known for this issue and to be hinest i dont have cash to buy power commander if i have enought cash i would go to D&D or Shark exhaust.
so i think twobrother is my best choice.
please advice
thanks all

Old 09-09-2010, 03:54 PM

the resulting flame is just unburned fuel that is left in the exhaust system. When you cut off the throttle, there in an immediate stopage of air flow, but the gas flow continues for a split second. this creates an extremely rich condition for that split second, which fills the hot exhaust with unburned fuel, then you get the flame out the back.

I don't know of any reason why this would be bad or dangerous, as the flame is usually small an such a quick little pop of a flame, I can't see it hurting anything.

As far as the flame on slip ons, I've seen just about every slip on out there produce the flame from time to time, so I don't think its a two brothers thing, although they may do it more often, Im not sure.

The only thing I don't like about the two brothers slip on is the lack of a turn down. Their can end is just open, and transfers a lot of noise to the rider, where other cans that have turn down outlets point the noise away from the rider. The drone can become quite annoying on longer trips.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:42 PM

10xs mate
i think the twobrother exhaust is just the one for me i simply like the sound of it and the spitting fire thing is so coool
and now after u told me its safe i will buy it this week