HELP, I GOT SMOKE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, I GOT SMOKE!!!!

Ok,just installed a scorpion carbon fiber slip on,besides the great sound and looks and a test ride I come back and smoke is coming out of the
exhaust,from under my seat and all around the pipe.I could not make out where it was coming from the two cables for the original exhaust were
touching but they were not burnt,and for smoke to be coming out of the inside of the pipe means its something internall right.Is this normal for a
brand new slip on,is there something in the pipe that burns up until it is broke in.PLEASE HELP!!!!

Old 05-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Default RE: HELP, I GOT SMOKE!!!!

well this doesn't sound normal. are you sure there wasn't anything inside the pipe when you installed it? like paper or plastic? when i installed mine i looked inside to be sure nothing fell inside during shipment. is there a smell to the smoke? ie. burning plastic?

Old 05-25-2006, 01:10 AM

Sounds like your bike has developed a bad habit. Smoking not good at all. As for your problem it only happened on your first run. Try it again if it still smokes. Bin it and get a Akrapovic full race exhaust system. That should do the trick!!!!

Old 05-25-2006, 01:36 AM

Yeah it smells like plastic or even rubber,I think I'm gonna take it apart again and look inside the pipe,or even stick a clothes hanger down the exhaust being it is straight threw now maybe I can hook something in there and bring it out.The pipe has a lifetime warranty but I still have to send in my damn warranty card.Looks like I got more work to do.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:29 PM

It's new. You need to ride it long enough to burn off whatever is coating the inside and probably outside of the pipes. Don't worry about it.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: mininsx

It's new. You need to ride it long enough to burn off whatever is coating the inside and probably outside of the pipes. Don't worry about it.
although it didn't happen to me, i have heard of cases where it's happened. did you take it out for another ride? if so, did it smoke again?

Old 05-25-2006, 07:36 PM

did u do anything else 2 the bike or just change the pipe

ex.
change the oil?

Old 05-26-2006, 12:13 AM

This was my first mod and only mod as of right now,I havn't taken it for another ride yet,I'm gonna clean it up with some alcohol and take it out again.I will let you guys know,By the way thanks for all the input,much appreciated

Old 05-26-2006, 01:36 AM

dun worry joey!! it happens to newly installed pipes most of the time!! happened to me once after i put on the yoshi..i asked the mechanic and he said its normal..note that the yoshi i bought didnt come frm him so e doubt of him trying to pass off his product is eliminated..it goes off after a day or two..hold on b4 u took it apart..give it at least 2 days!!

Old 05-28-2006, 10:04 PM

YOu should smell buring oil...not rubber. I'd take it apart and look...might be a rubber part made its way into the down pipe? Might be as you take it apart you'll find the problem. Some smoking with an oil smell is normal on the first start up and burn in, I'd be checking into rubber smell.

Quick Reply: HELP, I GOT SMOKE!!!!