¿ Have you ever wrecked ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ¿ Have you ever wrecked ?

It definately sounds screwy for someone to sell a bike like that for ao little, unless it is crashed and has a salvaged title..If it seems too good to be true, it probally is

Old 04-26-2005, 11:18 AM

Ok first off, before you do anything, sign up for the motorcycle safety class at http://www.msf-usa.org . That will teach you the basics of riding a bike. That is your first priority. Second you need about $750 to $1000 for gear. A good jacket, helmet, gloves, boots, ect. Then worry about a bike.

A CBR1000RR is not a beginner bike. I've been riding for a few years and am riding a CBR900RR. I'm still planning on waiting another year or two before upgrading to the CBR1000RR.

If you are concerned about crash figures. Realize the majority of motorcycle accidents are caused by undertrained & unlicensed motorcycle operators on bikes that are too much for them. It's a proven fact that if you take the MSF class & start out on a good starter bike and work your way up, you are less likely to be involved in a crash. Sure it still can and may well happen. Thats why you wear gear. Dress for the crash, not the ride.

The CBR1000RR you are looking at is a total scam. It's a scam thats been going on for years. The bottom line with any bike is "if the deal is too good to be true, it is." Unless you can sit on the bike, touch the bike, see the title, and run the vin #, it's a scam. Run and don't give that person any money at all. Not even a dollar. Don't waste time looking for a bike on ebay. There are alot of scams on there. Look at local motorcycle shops in your area, look in the cycletrader, visit local motorcycle websites in your area. You need to look into buying a 500cc or older 600cc motorcycle after you take the msf class and get your gear. Good luck.

Old 04-26-2005, 03:03 PM

thanks NeonRT that cycletrader site is pretty nice. unfortunately the guy i was going to buy the ex500 from hasnt called me back. He did mention something about a business trip but I dont know whats up with him. Hopefully he is on a trip and will call back, but quite possibly he sold it to the guy that came after i left on sunday. The punk rocker kid had a truck with him so I can see him buying it that day and taking it. O well. u win some u lose some. Im headed to this kawasaki place in durham, then this Honda spot. Maybe theyll have a nice used cheap one. NO WAY am i buying a new 2005 bike just to crash it and mess up paint. LOL

Old 04-26-2005, 03:56 PM

Snookay,

Kawi of Durham has some wacky prices. I had one sales guy tell me $7800 on a new C50T only to have another guy there tell me $7600 for the exact same bike. Both Honda places are about the same. They don't care if you buy a bike from them or not. I hate it when their customer service bites!

Go to Fox's Suzuki of Roxboro, Richard will give you a good deal on a bike. He carries Kawi also.

Mattison on Durant is good to deal with also.

Old 04-26-2005, 09:09 PM

I got back from Kawa of durham and Honda over by Triangle Town. Both places solely had new bikes for 10,000. I laughed at them. At kawasaki this spanish girl helped me out, she had good customer service skills. She told me some things about helmets and bikes etc. She also put me on some type of USED bike list they have.

i talked to my friend at Target and he told me to look in Cycle trader magazine for the name of the place where the guy builds bikes from parts of wrecked bikes. I think i found the ad for the shop, its called Hurley's Cycle Repair. They are selling bikes for about 500 over kbb values. In the book they have a nice LOOKING suzuki gsx600 for $2400, KBB says it should be $1900. I'm going to call this kid tomrrow about the ex500 if he doesnt respond ill go bike shopping. ill probably end up with a 600cc instead.

BTW, anyone know what CC means?? cubic centemeters?

Old 04-28-2005, 12:09 AM

hey man i didn't mean to bite ur head off and yeah i do get defensive...there is no "trying out a 1000RR" you'd end up on ur *** or head at over 100mph...and yeah i know it'd happen cause u don't even now what a CC is...yes CC does stand for cubic centimeter...500...600...1000cc...and 1000cc is a liter u know the motors they have in honda civics 1.8L thats 2x larger than the motor in a CBR1000RR and the bike weighs less than half of that car and makes more power...so u figure it out...if you've never riden a bike and you have no idea what to expect...check out some sites like www.carsvsbikes.com there are videos on there of a cbrF4i 600CC machine beating cars with nearly 600rear wheel horse power...to get the type of acceleration braking and cornering that any bike can do you would have to spend a quarter million on a super car...oh yeah and by the way...all the new 1000's go nearly or over 100mph in first gear...don't think for a second u'd walk away with scratched plastic...the plastic shatters and it costs over 2grand for a full set of new plastics...i've been in a really bad accident and i do get defensive...i hate to see people who don't know anything talk about getting 600 sport bikes let alone 1000...just asking for it

Old 04-29-2005, 10:18 PM

instead of creating a new topic for 1 question.

how do you think a newb would do on a 1993 suzuki katana 750. ?????? This guy has one on cycle trader for my price

Old 01-24-2009, 07:57 PM

"PRACTISE THE TUCK AND ROLL" are you kidding me! Wear a jock if you get hit by a car or a SUV like I did. Your nuts are going to smash into the tank with such force that it will look like someone pounded the tank with a sledge hammer. Anyways, there's no way of avoiding idiot drivers as they just don't seem to see motorbikes on the road. BTW the driver of the SUV was charged with careless! Not that my nuts or the many other injuries sustained in the accident care.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:15 PM

Sorry reevesna, I would have to disagree somewhat to what you have said. Its not the bike that is dangerous its the driver. Yes a 1K bike is very fast only if you want it to be. If you drive like an idiot (no matter what bike your on) chances are that sooner or later you are going to wreck! Respect any bike, whether it is a 600 or a 1000 or a criuser, a bike is only as fast as the driver wants it to go, do not exceed your capabilities. I have no problems with a person buying a powerful bike as long as they respect what the bike is capable of doing and that they only drive to their own skill levels until they receive proper training from reputable riding course. Now keep in mind 95% of the people out on the roads will never be able to use the full potential of what a liter bike is capable of, but you see many people out there that have them including alot of new riders. The key is respect, do not over ride your capabilities and seek proper training if you feel the need for speed!
Respect!

Old 01-24-2009, 09:23 PM

DONT buy the 1000. Buy a Ninja 250 and ride that for a long while. A 1000 is not i repeat is not a forgiving bike at all. It will chew you up and spit you out in a hurry. Hope you make the right decision.They accelerate very hard, have tremendous top speed. And that will get you in trouble in a hurry.

Quick Reply: ¿ Have you ever wrecked ?