God I hate you guys...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default God I hate you guys...

Like many of us often do, I am suffering from a major case of "I must have it!!!" right now, and I blame you all, especially OldFatGuy.

I currently have an '04 F4i. Over the winter have spent about $1000 to mod and upgrade. But somebody had to go and post the pic below, and now I'm in trouble.

I'm seriously considering upgrading to the '06 1000RR. I look at this bike and I just drool. So I'd really like your opinions....

1. Am I nuts for considering this? My F4i is my first street bike, I've only had it for about a year, and I'm pretty pleased with it. But damn that 1000RR is SICK.
2. Being a somewhat novice rider, is the 1000RR too much bike?
3. What would we consider a good deal on the 1000RR? I'm not going to trade the F4i, they'll screw me on it. The dealer has already said their asking price is $10,300 for the 1000RR. This isn't the OTD price, fees and tax would be additional.
4. Considering all the parts I've added to the F4i, most of which are specific to the F4i, should I try to sell it with all the mods in place, or should I remove them and sell them separately?

Thanks in advance for the advice. And believe me, I really hate myself for even considering this.

Old 03-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Default RE: God I hate you guys...

just buy it! you won't be disapointed. I have the same color as Old Fat Guy, its bad!! The blue/yellow is sik too!
is it too much bike? depends on how you use the throttle.
price? see if you can get out the door for $10,800.
mods on your f4i? i would part them out, you'll never get what you paid for them anyways. Post your parts in the forum, they should sell.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:44 PM

Like people have said in other threads, just because you have the power doesn't mean you have to use it.

Obviously, my opinion is to get the 1000 if that's what you want. Life is too short.

Take your time to learn how she behaves and respect her.

+1 on selling your extras separately unless you just happen upon someone who will appreciate what you have done and pay for it. Even then you probably won't get what you could if you parted it out, but you won't have to spend the time undoing all the mods and putting her back to stock.

Old 03-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Retired Mod

im totally with you on this subject kiggy. especially now with that beautiful 1000 in the upper left corner. but onto your questions.

1. Am I nuts for considering this? My F4i is my first street bike, I've only had it for about a year, and I'm pretty pleased with it. But damn that 1000RR is SICK. like i said, i want one too. if you feel strongly enough to look for support in buying one, then screw it and go for it!

2. Being a somewhat novice rider, is the 1000RR too much bike? i think that you would be fine. ive read alot of posts by you and you seem to be a very level-headed and knowledgable rider. but then again all that power could make anyone nuts! i personaly think that the 1000's are way more than i need so that's one reason that i'm still on my bike (for now).

3. What would we consider a good deal on the 1000RR? I'm not going to trade the F4i, they'll screw me on it. The dealer has already said their asking price is $10,300 for the 1000RR. This isn't the OTD price, fees and tax would be additional. the msrp is $11,200. i would definately try to get it OTD for that. and get them to throw in the extended warranty too.

4. Considering all the parts I've added to the F4i, most of which are specific to the F4i, should I try to sell it with all the mods in place, or should I remove them and sell them separately? i would put it up for sale with all the mods in place and adjust the price accordingly. someone may come along and it may be EXACTLY what they are looking for. if no buyers, take the mods off and sell them separately then place the bike for sale with the stock stuff and hope for the best.

Old 03-24-2006, 04:55 PM

that is a sexy bike

Old 03-24-2006, 05:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you can't handle the F4i and ride her like a biatch then the RR will spank you.
that's mah opinion...but yea it's a hot bike dude.
i ride my schiznit like a biatch...when the stock schiznit didn't work no more i upgraded to aftermarket stuff...my schiznit will hang with RRs, etc...at the track and twists...but as for straights, liters still gots me there...but that's ok, because even monkeys can go fast and straight...

i say take yo money and do track days and learn to ride like a champ instead of spending lots of bling and getting a dope bike and ride like a chump...

Old 03-24-2006, 07:56 PM

Good advice from all. Thanks! This is basically the same conversation that's going on in my head.

To respond to Tahoe I would say I do have some track days scheduled. But track riding really isn't my focus with any bike. Let's be honest, track days in Ohio are few due to the weather and they cost $400 ea. So the majority of my riding (regardless of bike) isn't going to be on a track. It will be a ride to work, or weekend rides in the hills, or just putzing around the neighborhood. So really the performance characteristics of any of these bikes goes largely unutilized most of the time anyway.

That being said, for me it's more about looks. I think the 1000RR is the best looking sport bike made today. It isn't going to cost me much more to own and I think I'll enjoy it more. Regardless of the bike I'm a very responsible rider that respects my limits, the road (especially other drivers), and the machine. I think I'll be ok.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kiggy,

Buy one you will not regret it. The power is amazing and after checking out your myspace account I see that you no dought have the maturity to be safe on it. If you can afford it then go for it. Like I said you won't be sorry. Just remember to budget in the money for all the mods you will want to do.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:52 PM

I purchased my bike in Chattanooga. I know that it is a good trek from Ohio but if you want to save PLEASE LOOK at this:

http://www.southernhonda.com/new_veh...sc=Motorcycles

Copy and paste that link. They have 100rr's for 9183.00. check them out. they are very nice people.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: rjmech

I purchased my bike in Chattanooga. I know that it is a good trek from Ohio but if you want to save PLEASE LOOK at this:

http://www.southernhonda.com/new_veh...sc=Motorcycles

Copy and paste that link. They have 100rr's for 9183.00. check them out. they are very nice people.

I've seen a few of you mention this Chatanooga place. Are they a typical dealer than can arrange financing, etc? This would be almost an 8 hour drive each way. I'm not opposed to the idea of a road trip. I drove 3 hrs to Pittsburgh to get my last bike. But the price is only about $500 less than what a local dealer quoted me without any haggling. Plus there's the out of state stuff you have to get done when you "import" from another state. I'd probably be more likely to buy it local than to drive this far.

Quick Reply: God I hate you guys...