front end coming up

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 02:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end coming up

So i am in the market for a 07 cbr1000rr and i am new to riding and everything but i have a question if i were to just give it hell would the front end come up under high acceleration? how long are 1000s? is there a big difference between a 600 and a 1000 (yeh i know a 1000 has more power)?

Old 12-16-2006, 02:33 AM
Default RE: front end coming up

If you give hell to basicly any full liter bike, the front end will come up. You really want to ride you're new machine, not turn it into a one wheel wonder. I would say...take it easy. Learn the machine...get comfortable...and ride her.

Old 12-16-2006, 02:59 AM

****, most 600's I've ridden that are post 2000 will climb the sprocket in 1st gear with just throttle. Pin it wide open and yes, the gas tank will come great you in the chest. Some liter bikes will do that in 2nd with little to no provocation. My GSX-R will do it in 2nd as will a ZX-10R (04-05). Dont know about the 1000RR but I would imagine with 150+hp..........hell, this is pointless.

OF COURSE IT WILL!!!

Old 12-16-2006, 06:48 AM

If you're new to riding, get something smaller. Otherwise your new 1000RR will look similar to my signature banner in a matter of days after getting it.

Old 12-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on getting a smaller bike.

Even the 600RR is in NO WAY a beginner bike. Therefore, a 1000RR in the hands of a new, inexperienced rider can become a lethal weapon. Is it possible for a new rider to manage a 1000RR? Sure, but there's probabaly 10 totalled 1000RR's for every 1 success story. Just be warned that the 1000RR's are close relatives of cruise missles.

Also, my 600RR lifts up when I get on it hard, couldn't imagine how much quicker it would lift on a bike with 50 more horsepower.

Old 12-16-2006, 11:20 AM

if u just pin the throttle, yes it will come up in first and second (havent had a problem in third but i know u can clutch it up in third). in first it can come up pretty high pretty quick but as long as u just chop the throttle when u feel the front tire comin up u will b fine. second is a lil slower and smoother but just chop it real quick and it will stay down

Old 12-16-2006, 12:17 PM

The 1krr is about 3 inches longer in wheel base sits about 1/2 inch lower than the 6 !!!

Old 12-18-2006, 02:52 PM

I was at a stop light making a right hand turn one day (been a few weeks since Id last been on it because of weather) and I was feeling great being on the her. I wouldnt say I was hot doging it but I did open her up and took the last quarter of the turn on one wheel. It felt so good that I didnt get off of her until I was out of gas (and I needed something to drink. Dont think they would let me ride her into the store). So yeah the front wheel can fly up on you crazy fast!

Old 12-19-2006, 05:49 PM

dont get one if you have to ask this

Old 12-20-2006, 12:20 AM

ok plus 2 on the liter bike,
first of all if you havent been on one then you havent experenced what crotch rocket means. 2nd this forum expresses their felling about first bikes being a liter bike all the time. its not that we dont want people to have one we love it because they do. yes you can ride a 1k slow with no problem its when you think you have it all down is when you get in trouble.now you asked about the front wheel coming up from my experence adn this is what most people dont no trhe 1k is gear so high when the front wheel lifts you are traveling about 50 mph on out to about98 mph in first gear alone. and if you go over or get in trouble you have to deal with a 100 mph crash and that is no fun and if you doyou had better have full leathers on oryou will be dealing with some real road rash for months. not counting a possiable broken leg,arm,wrist.or collier bone these thing hurt and take a long time to heal.and that is not to say you may cross the road in front of on coming traffic. listen i am not bitching here just telling you all the things that can gowrong. this year a lone where i live we have had no less then 40 crashes because the young guns thought they knew what they had and they found out what they didnt have in the end was a bike to ride .

Quick Reply: front end coming up