Exhaust Mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust Mod

ORIGINAL: stink

You guys give the new member a break. man.... u got to have tough skin for this site. anyways maybe this will help you. I removed 2 inches of the inside diameter 2 ea from my stock pipe and the sound was very deep and awesome.I used a dremel and it took me 30 minutes. very loud and noticed an increase in throttle. the only reason i decided to do this was I got tired of being ran off the road with oncoming cars off a ramp.I would revvv up my throttle and they wouldn't here me. Well.... It's not an issue now everybody can hear me...
Can you explain what it was you did in a bit more detail? I have a stock exhaust on my F2 and would love to get a bit more throat out of it but without loosing too much power. Also, I know what everyone else would say, buy an aftermarket...but at the moment and for the time being I can't justify the cost.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:12 PM

ORIGINAL: stink

dont knock it till you try it. its clean and sounds good. im sold on the stock look. didnt have to cut no welds, just removed 2 inches from the inside pipes.
Can you give a buit more detail? How do you get to the inside pipe without cutting any welds?

I've got a nice ride planned for tomorrow afternoon and would love to do a bit for my sound first thing tomorrow morning.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:07 PM

As a side note, I found this site which explains how to do this on a system similar to those that are on stock F2s and F3s (not sure about F4 and beyond).

http://roadstarclinic.com/content/view/50/105/

Old 08-17-2007, 01:31 PM

make sure u stand behind ur bike when u start it

Old 09-17-2007, 05:34 PM

Thought I'd post another reply here since I did in fact make some minor mods to my exhaust.

On the advice of a few other forums Iw as reading, as well as the adice from a good friend that's a mechanic, I went the REALLY easy and cheap route.

All I did was took a 1/4" drill bit and started with 4 holes in the stock exhaust. The holes are between the inner and outter ring of the tip, the part that is like a spacer between them. (I'll get pics soon, at work now and bike is at home) After the 4 holes I started it up and just heard a slignt pppbbb noise from them, needed more. So, each time I drilled 4 more holes and listened, eventually the sound began to really come out. After 16 yeah, 16 holes) the sound was great. It's lounder without being obnoxious and from the many rides I have been on since there seems to be no loss in power, at least none that I have been able to notice.

So, if you want better sound from that stock exhaust drill a few holes and listen after each set of 4. 16 was all Iw as even able to fit so I was kind of lucky that's all it took to sound good.