digital display went out

Old 09-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default digital display went out

i just got on my bike the other day and noticed that i had 21 miles on the trip meter. i figured i had a lot of riding left. then i did a small wheelie and noticed down the road that all of my dash display was dead. the only things that worked were the signal indicators and high beam light. all my lights worked fine except the license light. the shop told me that it was probably something grounding and it just fried the fuse. i already suspected the fuse, but didnt want to tear off the side to get to the block. they said it probably had something to do with something i installed. it couldnt be though. because all i added were the turn signals. if something shorted, it would have been the fuse to the signals, and they all still worked. i borrowed some tools from the shop and did the repair right in front of their shop. they even gave me a spare fuse, which they should have done anyway. it was either fix it myself, or wait 2 weeks for them to look at it and at least one day down time due to being in the shop. turns out it was an easy fix. in case some of you dont know, the fuse block is located under the left side mid fairing. unless you are talking about the fuse to the main harness, which is under the front seat. there is only one spare fuse in each amp range also. happy riding!

Old 09-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Default RE: digital display went out

I hate dealing with the damn shops. After they have your money then your no longer of any importance to them and they move on to the next sucker that looks ripe for the plucking. I wish Honda would send in Mystery Shoppers or keep better tabs on the customer service involved with the customers after the sale. I deal with a Honda Dealership in Olympia, WA that is just horrible.

Old 09-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Default RE: digital display went out

it went out again today. i figured out what it was. i routed the license lights wires between the bracket and exhaust. i did a wheelie and when i came down, it pinched the wire and grounded, then...boom. no more fuse. all fixxed now!!!