A challenge to the forum members

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A challenge to the forum members

i have an idea. lets not concern ourselves with and try to sensor the post. the wonderful thing about this post is there is so much knowledge in here and most of the riders are so helpful no matter what you need. a true brotherhood. just my opinion, if someone ask a question and the answer is in the owners book just point that out or just move on. sometimes someone else has more info then the owners book.

Old 11-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A forum is a venue for discussion, thoughts, and questions to be discussed. I have been around here long enough to see many quite obvious questions posted, but, at one time I might of even posted one out of curiosity. Anyway, I will continue to answer whatever I possibly can, and if someone has the knowledge gained from reading, real world, and even the honda manual, then I hope they can contribute here as always!

I have leaned a ton here and I hope others continue to do so with our discussions.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: e3gordon

A forum is a venue for discussion, thoughts, and questions to be discussed. I have been around here long enough to see many quite obvious questions posted, but, at one time I might of even posted one out of curiosity. Anyway, I will continue to answer whatever I possibly can, and if someone has the knowledge gained from reading, real world, and even the honda manual, then I hope they can contribute here as always!

I have leaned a ton here and I hope others continue to do so with our discussions.
+1
Its a free public forum and for a lot of people like myself, this is the first time we have owned a bike. I have the honda service manual and trust me, it dont always explain stuff the way others can. U r right in that people should try to look up the stuff first and im sure they have but sometimes that search function doesnt always work and so we post a "dumb" question. If u think that its a dumb question then stay out of the thread if you dont wanna help. If you have some other ideas for conversation in the 1000rr forum besides maintenance or rebuilds then post up, but to date, i havent really seen anybody else come up wit something.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:10 PM

quit being a *** and just enjoy the forum

Old 11-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Retired Moderator

I see where you are coming from. Posts like "do I need to use the clutch to shift after 2nd gear" and "how do I get my gas tank open" really tears at me sometimes. I really have to hold back from being a smart *** when I post to people like this as well. Sometimes it keeps me up at night thinking how these people manage to keep the bike upright if they don't even know how to fill it up. Scary.

I do agree with you 100% that people need to read their manuals. When I was buying my bike, I asked for my manual and read the entire thing (cover to cover) in 30 minutes while I was waiting for the financing and paperwork to go through. I even managed to read the "Honda Riding Tips" booklet it came with too. Great tips and hints they cover in that for new riders too. When I finally signed the dotted line for the bike, I knew everything I needed to about the bike before the 1 hour trip home through the mountains. I jumped right on and knew pretty much what to expect, and knew that it's a new vehicle and there is so much more to learn, but that's what intrigues me about bikes. Even MSF courses say to read your M.O.M. before you start riding your new bike.

But I also see where the others on this site are unsure of exactly what a manual is saying or getting at, so they ask a question.....and I'm glad to help with an answer. I looked at a couple threads I started when I first got my bike and thought "man, why did I ask this." You live and you learn, then you realize how much more there is to learn.

I read on an earlier thread that there should be a compilation "FAQ" section for the simple questions that the newer riders always ask. MODERATORS & ADMINS: Can we start this?

Old 11-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, most of what we post on here can be found by using the search. But then what would be the fun in that?????

I've been meeting a lot of people here and interacting with folks that I never would have if there was no interaction.

Sometimes, a silly question takes a turn and there you have live thread with ideas and controversy.

Hope it helps. Get involved. Answer some noob questions.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: MgA_ODEN

I will help anyone at any time if I am able also.
Some of us are just like that.
+1

I'm a post *****...

Old 11-28-2006, 08:10 AM

Speeds ahh post ***** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 11-29-2006, 02:48 AM

I am a new rider and I don't have many riders around me. This forum is very valuable to me. I have my manual in my storage compartment. I also have the factory manual. I have been fixing cars for over 25 years, and the cars are now talking to me. My bike tries to talk to me and I listen but I don't always know what it is saying. At least I have an option of asking other riders what my concerns are. Thank you CBR Forum members.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:13 AM

Sometimes, a silly question takes a turn and there you have live thread with ideas and controversy.
+1

So, I here there is a post ***** runnin around in here with no pants on. Cmon where is she......[sm=drooldude.gif]

Quick Reply: A challenge to the forum members