CBR1000rr OR the ZX10r

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR1000rr OR the ZX10r

Im trying to decide which bike to get. Have any of you guys rode both bikes, and can you tell me why you chose one over the other. I think the honda looks WAY better, but how do they compare as far as handling, accelaration, etc. I want to here from some people that are not getting paid to say things, like the magazines writers do. Any info would be helpful in my decision.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Default RE: CBR1000rr OR the ZX10r

i wood go for the CBR 1000RR on lux alone the 10r is 1 ugly lookin beast,s'posed to go and stop ok according to most mag write ups. I have been on an 04 model went like mad but the brakes were ****e!!!

At the end of the day dude its up to you and you only coz you have to pay for it and ride the damn thing so choose wisely!!

Old 05-02-2006, 02:02 PM

Remember these bikes are fast no matter which bike you get you’ll probably like it. However having owned a zx 6r and now a 1000rr I can tell you Honda pays much more attention to detail and the fit and finish of a bike. PS CBR way better looking and not as stretched out as the 10r.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Retired Mod

i've rode an 05 cbr1000rr and an 05 zx10r. i know both models are different this year but i'll go ahead and give you my review of both.

the honda is ultra smooth. the power delivery is so linear that it feels like you are going slower than you really are. the brakes are excellent and it handles better than any other liter bike that i've ever ridden. my only complaint is the seat. it's a little too hard for the daily commute but really allows you to slide around when pushing it. good with the bad, i guess. the steering damper is a big plus. it works great.

the kawasaki is the exact opposite. the rush from the power is overwelming. it tries to yank your shoulders out of their sockets. it's really cool for the first 50 miles but really gets to be a handful. fyi, i believe they addressed this issue on the 06 model. the brakes are better than average but the suspension feels funny. don't know what it was or if it needed adjustment, but it felt like it dove too much in the corners. if you like wheelies, this is your bike. the thing will give you a good look at the clouds at any time.

now for the 06 models, i know that the honda is majorly different. the engine puts out more power and the bike weighs less. and the re-styled fairings look awesome. the kawasaki added an ohlins damper ([sm=hail.gif]) and added the underseat exhaust for appearance. both bikes look great, but i do prefer the honda. and honda's are definately known for their reliability. if it was my money, i would be on a honda.

just my opinions tho. neither bike is a bad choice. good luck and be safe.

Old 05-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've got a friend that just bought the zx-10 and i'm about to pick up my 1000rr. he hates his tires but other than that has no big complaints, but it's got less than 200 miles on it so he's still all giddy with his new bike. he asked the dealer here about the tires tracking strange and was told that they've had alot of requests to swap out tires on the 10's

Old 05-02-2006, 06:09 PM

Thanks for all of the inputs here so far. They are appreciated!

Old 05-02-2006, 08:37 PM

I test rode both bikes when deciding what to get..I found the CBR much smoother and easier to ride, the zx-10 is one powerful bike!! The rush of power is massive, but i found the insrtument cluster very hard to read and for street use was a little uncomfortable....In my opinion the zx-10 standard is a quicker bike than the CBR but the CBR is much nicer to ride and a better finish quality. ( and lets be serious they are both 1 litre hyperbikes and bloody quick!! )

P.s Being a 1000rr forum your going to get a one way opinion as we love our 1000rr's here mate

Old 05-03-2006, 01:46 AM

do the best of both worlds lol get a CBR and put the ZX10 fairingson it... but thats just my opinion i think ninjas are beautiful ...except for the EX ninjas those scrawny runts

Old 05-03-2006, 02:18 AM

I have ridden both bikes. I definitely love my 05 cbr over the 06 kawi. The kawi's seating position is not exactly the greatest for the taller riders. The undertail exhaust of the kawi is UGLY. Can not even compare to the honda or even the yamaha. I would say pick the honda. I also like honda's engines. I had an XX with 85 thousand miles on it. Yes you read that correctly 85,000 miles on it, and it purred like a kitten. Honda's engine refinement has always been pretty much their best attribute.

But this is just my opinion. As long as you ride, hey i am cool with that.

Take Care and happy hunting

Old 05-03-2006, 02:43 PM

I also rode both when I was shopping. IMHO, I believe the ZX felt more powerful simply because to me, it was VERY twitchy and felt unstable, which made me feel like I was "riding on the edge" fast. The CBR on the other hand accelrated just as quickly out of turns, just felt SOOOO much smoother that I found myself twisting more and more with my right hand... just felt like I wasn't going that fast and the bike was begging for more. Both bikes are very wheelie friendly, I just felt more comfortable on the CBR. That Kawi felt like it was an errant throttle twist away from out of control the whole time I was on it. I love speed, but not feeling like I'm on the razor's edge every time I ride. I'd take stable speed over the same speed on an unstable feeling bike any day.

Quick Reply: CBR1000rr OR the ZX10r