Cbr 1000 2008 Gauge reads wrong temperature. Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Cbr 1000 2008 Gauge reads wrong temperature. Help

The bike runs fine but the temp in the speedometer goes up and down, it jumps every 2 seconds. Someone informed me that I have to bleed my radiator cause it has air in it, so I opened the radiator cap and I turn on the bike until the antifreeze start to bubble. And than I added more antifreeze and I did that 3 times but it didn’t help. If any one know the cause of this please get back to me. Oh by the way I found that the right fan works and the left doesn’t ,I don’t know if the left one kicks in high temp please let me know? Thanks.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:18 AM

check with the user manual

Old 04-05-2009, 05:47 PM

i did but does nt say much .

Old 04-05-2009, 06:36 PM

if the temp is jumping and lowering randomly then it is most likely a ground wire. otherwise, take it to the dealer as it is a warranty issue.

i dont understand why people have to fix everything themselves. if you dont know what it is them the best and safest way is to take it to a trained HONDA mechanic for repair. it may be a few dollars more expensive but my safety is worth it.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yep

Originally Posted by TBagr
if the temp is jumping and lowering randomly then it is most likely a ground wire. otherwise, take it to the dealer as it is a warranty issue.

i dont understand why people have to fix everything themselves. if you dont know what it is them the best and safest way is to take it to a trained HONDA mechanic for repair. it may be a few dollars more expensive but my safety is worth it.

Ditto ! Yoooo ..you might pay alittle somethin, somethin but you'll have less headaches. I know some riderz who try to fix stuff and wind up having bigger problems later. Good luck zebrabullet !!!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:58 PM

Thank you guys for getting back to me, the reason why I m trying to fix every thing my self, cause I m from NYC and Honda certified mechanic cost a $100 and when I showed it to one of the mechanic, he had no clue why it s doing that, he actually told me that this is the first time he sees such a thing.
So for me just to leave the bike there it s ganna cost about 200$ ,with that money I can buy wherever part for the bike, But if no one could help me then I ll take it .but thank you guys I posted some threads before and I got a lot of help .

Old 04-07-2009, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by zebrabullet
Thank you guys for getting back to me, the reason why I m trying to fix every thing my self, cause I m from NYC and Honda certified mechanic cost a $100 and when I showed it to one of the mechanic, he had no clue why it s doing that, he actually told me that this is the first time he sees such a thing.
So for me just to leave the bike there it s ganna cost about 200$ ,with that money I can buy wherever part for the bike, But if no one could help me then I ll take it .but thank you guys I posted some threads before and I got a lot of help .
I hear you brother! Unless Honda has distributed some special service info related to this issue, all you're likely to get are bullsh*t answers and a complete dismissal of your concerns. Some of the worst lies I've ever heard in my life came from a Honda service department manager. More often than not, these "trained" mechanics are worthless robots who run step by step through the service manual. It didn't take long for me to realize Honda would never be able to provide satisfactory explanations for the concerns I had about my '07 1000RR. I had to run my own tests and learn everything on my own. I'm glad I did though, because I can diagnose and fix just about anything on my bike now.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:44 PM

Thanks for getting back to me but I m going thru exactly the same thing I haven’t find out why but I think it s not a major problem cause the bike is not getting hot but also its necessary to know the right temp it will take time for me to find out why but I refuse to give my baby to those worthless pieces of S***t.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:46 AM

If I had to guess, it sounds like you have a bad temp sensor or the wiring to the sensor is the problem. How badly does the temp reading jump around? Are we talking 2 degrees or 20 degrees? Is there any pattern to it or does it seem completely random?

Old 04-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Red face

Put it this way. I turn the bike on and the temp starts to jump about 15 degree up and down; it may read for example 165 and in about 2 seconds later it reads 180, than 172, than 168 and than 185. But I notice if the bike is off the temp is steady.
What I m going to do is, follow every single wire coming from the sensor to the speedometer and if I don’t find anything I will bleed the radiator cause it may have an air bobble in it (someone told me that if there is air in the radiator, the antifreeze hit up and the air turns into evaporation that its hotter than the antifreeze, that’s why the bike is reading to many temp).after I try all this I will get back to you to update you with this mystery.
Thanks for getting back to me your help is very apriciated.

Quick Reply: Cbr 1000 2008 Gauge reads wrong temperature. Help