Cars you've smoked or cars that smoked you

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 03:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cars you've smoked or cars that smoked you

I was riding home tonight and there was a group of cars that I run into and they looked like they had come from a track somewhere. You know the white chalk numbers and stuff on their windows.

Anyways there were several cars, one of them was a suburu wrx. They were all hopped up cars and being on the highway with no other vehicles around, you know what happened next. That car kept up with me. I was surprised to say the least. I don't know if it had turbos but I know it had nos. After our run he purged his nos and it came from under his hood just in frontof his windsheild.

It looked too fast and too furious and I thought it was all show and no go but damn, that sucker was fast.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:49 AM
Banned
Default RE: Cars you've smoked or cars that smoked you

Kept up with you? What do you mean? Did you guys do a serious roll on, or were you just playin around in the top end?

Given enough room, there are allot of cars that can hang on the top end. How fast can they get there is the real question.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:49 AM

was just mess'n around the other day, but i was shocked at how a wrx kept up on the hwy.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:46 PM

yeah, you gotta be careful nowadays. even from a deadstop. there are some tuner cars hitting the quarter milemid to low 9 seconds onstreet tires.The WRX being 4 wheel drive is a prime example.I've seen WRX's putting 800+hp to thetires.

There are a ton of poser cars out there. Ones with the Fartcan mufflers and big chrome wheels with the stereo vibrating the glass outta the car. And then, there are the real ones.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Yep watch yourself, some of us car guys love to stomp mudholes in guys who think their bikes cant be touched

Old 05-12-2008, 02:26 AM

Yeah, STi's, and Evos are pretty quick. From a roll on, you should be able to take a STi if you were in the right gear, although if he had nitrous... lol... Depends on how big of a shot he was running. Was it a normal WRX or a STi? I've smoked STi's and Evo's on just my F4i. Although they were stock, as far as I know. Maybe a bolt on intake, but nothing really serious. There was one SRT4 that really surprised me out of all the cars, but being FWD I think it has better roll on capabilities in comparison to AWD. Although from a dig they're mean as hell lol, especially with the right tires.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:30 AM

My buddy had a 95 GSX Eclipse that kept dead even with my 05 zx6r and that bike was not slow

Old 05-12-2008, 08:26 PM

Last year my 03 cobra ran 600's over, and would pull on a gsxr 750 up till 130 then it evened out, but he'd never get ahead of me. I can keep up with 1000s, but they do have a wee bit more accel. than my slug. From 40 to 80, it's prolly an even up match, and but from 80 to 140 I'll only fall 1 to 2 cars lengths. This year, I went for a more docile light to light vehicle and I'm pretty sure I can pull on a LOT of the newer bikes to 80mph.

By the way, this is with an 03 Cobra pushing around625hp/618tq at the wheels, running 10.2s in the 1/4 trapping 136-142mph(depending on track). This year I'm close to 525hp/575tq.I hate dynos, so you will not see a sheet(for either year). I only use the dyno for the tuning aspect.

I'm not saying I'm that fastest as I've been beaten by my share of everythings, including minivans and trucks. Damned caravan turbo's and twin turbo duramax's are SUPER FAST. 600s with nitrous are real quick, and turbo'd busa's make me feel slow! A VERY experienced driver on a 600 will pull ahead of me, as will an experienced rider on a gsxr750. I will get some video's this year once I get finished with my nitrous setup!

Old 05-13-2008, 01:24 AM

I had just bought the 05 Ninja 250R, and thought I was the bomb-diggity. I was at a traffic light, and a little black civic half primered pulled up beside me. He revved a little so I revved back. I was like, booyah ****, you just bought your ticket to loserville. Big bad me, revved it up and when the light turned, I heard tires spinning and saw the little fart-can blowing by me. HAHA. Taught me a humble lesson. I did the ole ricer flyby after hitting like 50+ but he ate me alive from the dig.

I haven't had anyone stupid enough to race me from a dig with my bike now, although a pontiac G6 tried racing me on the interstate the other night. He never saw it coming, I ate his tires for lunch.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:15 AM

I have a 954 and a 100, the 954 has work done and the 100 is stock. On my 954 i have left plenty of cops in there new chargers and there mercury that has 500 HP stock with no promblems. just the other day i was on I95 on the 1000 and a freaking mustang saleen pulled up next to me. That sucker had me by atleast 4 cars but i know that if i was on my 954 i would of been either in front or side by side with him. All i can say is that theres lots of cars that could easily keep up with us.

Quick Reply: Cars you've smoked or cars that smoked you