Brand New Repsol....What should I change first???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005 | 08:16 PM
Default RE: Brand New Repsol....What should I change first???

Actually, no. My front fork springs are not stiff enough but the rear is okay. Valving for both front and rear suck and it feels like its bottoming out. Though I have taken some of my favorite twisties fairly hard without any real problems, it makes me hesitant to go to the track. I should be getting my forks re-worked soon and a new Penske shock. So hopefully, this won't be too much of an issue after a month or so.

Old 07-27-2005 | 08:28 AM

how do you rate the 1000RR springs? i ride pretty hard and the roads are really bumpy over here i don`t have a problem making it do what i want to do, its just had the static sag set for me and a few twiddles for the twisties thats all.

Old 07-27-2005 | 01:55 PM

I haven't ridden a 1000RR aggressively so I couldn't give an opinion on them. I'm by no means a suspension expert but if you're bike feels good in the twists, I'm sure your suspension is fine. The stock suspension is probably fine for the daily commuter and weekend twisty rider. Deficienies in suspension will only really become apparent when you start cranking up the pace and you start asking the suspension to accomodate all the rider input (e.g. braking, countersteering, downshifting, etc) in a really short period of time. This happens mostly at the track and the really aggressive canyon carver.

Old 07-27-2005 | 11:37 PM

I wouldn't change a thing... but that's easy for me to say since I already have another bike I'm working on. it's 2003 CBR954RR.
but I figured, since they only assembled a limited amount of this bike, I sure hate to tamper with it. I already have a sure buyer for my 954RR, so, I know how you feel. You just gotta have a few aftermarket parts on it, mainly a slip on and some other stuff.
But I'll wait til I get another bike to replace my '03 CBR, then I'll do my mod on the new bike, at least it won't be a limited edition.
not sure if this make sense to you guys, but that's just the way I feel about it.

Old 08-14-2005 | 12:48 AM

I PUT A RS-5 TITANIUM SLIP ON YOSHIMURA ON MY REPSOL EDITION AND IT SOUNDS AWESOME.THE MORE YOU THROTTLE THE LOUDER IT IS.ITS GREAT. PLUS THE ELIMINATER KIT AND FLUSH MOUNT TURN SIGNALS. IT LOOKS MUCH BETTER NOW.

Old 08-14-2005 | 04:05 AM

Repsol Guy, WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

Old 08-14-2005 | 12:35 PM

How about the Hot Bodies racing undertail exhaust? Has anybody tried the Hotbodiesracing undertail exhaust for the Repsol 1000RR? How about a sound clip to see/hear how good it sounds. I am trying to decide between the Yoshimura Rc51 slip on and the Hotbodiesracing exhaust. Any info will be appreciated,

The top is never the top.

Old 08-17-2005 | 05:21 PM

Andale, I will try an get a sound clip for you within the next day or so.

Old 08-18-2005 | 12:55 PM

REPONEK, I got the sound clip file. Sound awesome. I think you just sold me a HotBodiesRacing Exhaust.