Brand New Repsol....What should I change first???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 04:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New Repsol....What should I change first???

Hey Guys....Just bought a brand spankin new 05 Repsol Edition CBR......I want this thing to sound tough as hell and look as nasty as I can get it.......Where should I start??? Who has the best exhaust out now? I want something that sounds tough!!!! I was thinking I should get a Power Commander, Exhaust, Air Filter, Rear Fender Eliminator, Flush Mount Lights, Sliders, etc...... I have been out of the Street Bike scene for a few years now and would really appreciate a little help getting back up to speed on who has the best what now.......Thanks in Advance!!!

Old 07-26-2005, 06:45 AM
Default RE: Brand New Repsol....What should I change first???

Your gonna get different opinions cos what you put on your bike is what makes it YOUR bike, I have the Yoshimura RS5 can and think it sounds fanbloodytastic!!! Two brothers and Micron are other popular alternatives. Just surf round the posts you`ll find several pics of a few mods, flush fit indicators etc, You may wanna check out MGA_Odens Black powder coated swing arm too, Its cool. [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 07-26-2005, 07:54 AM

Take a look at FBlade bike. He has a repsol with quite a few mods on it.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:07 AM

Tough sounding pipes would prob be. the D&D Dual pipes.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:43 PM

Do you plan on riding aggressively or at the track?? If so, forget all the "performance" mods and change your suspension.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:48 PM

i agree with that one, you should set the bike up for you and your weight/riding style first before anything is replaced. Stock bikes are setup for about a 10 stone rider, (140lbs) i very much doubt your exactly that.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:53 PM

Let me elaborate on my previous post.

I agree with what Anubis said. However, (unless you are 130 lbs or so with gear) you will likely not be able to get the stock suspension set up properly for you. This means you would have to get fork and/or shock work done (or replace the rear shock altogther). This can get expensive but well worth it as [IMHO] the suspension is the most vital component in aggressive cornering.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:55 PM

you don`t think you can set up the standard suspension? I think its more than adaquate for most road riders abilities once set up properly for them.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Anubis

you don`t think you can set up the standard suspension? I think its more than adaquate for most road riders abilities once set up properly for them.
I'm not saying it isn't. But in my experience, the springs (particularly the forks) aren't stiff enough to set the sag properly. Valving is usually very **** poor for aggressive cornering too. Some of that can be made up compression and rebound settings but only so much.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:38 PM

fair enough, i personally don`t know enough about adjustment to diagnose any problems people may be having. So you not happy with the 05 600RR susp?