Best Exhaust Brand??

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Exhaust Brand??

What is the BEST exhaust for the 1000rr? HP gain, Sound, Fitment, Price? I'm looking to buy but so many diffrent people say so many diffrent things someone please help me.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Default RE: Best Exhaust Brand??

ORIGINAL: Fictionnn
What is the BEST exhaust for the 1000rr? HP gain, Sound, Fitment, Price? I'm looking to buy but so many diffrent people say so many diffrent things someone please help me.
That all depends on what you're looking for. Sato is supposed to give the most horsies, but I understand that they aren't perfectly straight at the rear of the bike. After a lot of searching, I decided that I liked the Micron twin outlet the best. http://www.photodump.com/viewer/mininsx/IMG_0222.html
It's not the lightest exhaust, but since I wasn't going to install an undertail, I got it.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:25 PM

Akrapovic EVOLUTION system

Old 02-21-2006, 10:41 PM

IF i ever get one, its going to be a Hamaguchi full Ti system

... look up Dyno charts @ www.1000rr.net courtesy of Brad from www.SuperBikeSupply.com whose pricing & customer service set the bar

Old 02-22-2006, 01:06 AM

I'm considering the Arata slip on.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:13 PM

I recently bought a Jardine Rt - 1 race slip on. It is loud!!!!

Old 02-23-2006, 02:21 AM

ARATA Ti. Bar none the best, sound , quality, performance. Nuff said, throw down the cash and invest in some quality product.

Old 02-27-2006, 11:23 PM

The Erion full system in Ti is nice, really nice

Arrow full system is damn near the nicest thing you can get your hands on

HGA makes the best power, by FAR

We run the Arrow GP system, for the look and sound, it makes a bit more top end, but our motors are pretty much all around 180-200hp, so they need to breath a bit more than stock

The Arata and Sato I havent seen for the 1K, but have used them in the last few years, decent, not great, but decent. If you hadnt seen a works pipe, you would consider them awesome.

Be SURE to fit a Ten-Kate ECU if you do a full system, otherwise you lose power, as the ECU wont see the servo motor cycle

Old 02-28-2006, 12:32 AM

ORIGINAL: RetroSBK

Be SURE to fit a Ten-Kate ECU if you do a full system, otherwise you lose power, as the ECU wont see the servo motor cycle
Huh?

Old 02-28-2006, 01:25 PM

In its built in pre-test before run, all those noises you hear, are the self diagnostics for the ECU.

If you fit a full exhaust system, you can do one of two options, leave the servo itself in place, with just the cables disconnected, or fit the Ten-Kate ECU so that the system sees its self diagnostics satisfied.

Without the full run of diagnostics, the ECU defaults into a semi-limp-home-mode, that reduces power in all gears, at all throttle settings, compared to having the servo or ecu in place.

I havent tested this myself as all of our bikes are fitted with the ECU, this is directly from HRC, and Erion racing.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust Brand??