am i too paranoid about bike being stolen?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default am i too paranoid about bike being stolen?

hey just wondering if i'm crazy or normal but i hate letting it out of my sight. it sits in my garage at home locked up but when i'm out riding i hardly ever get off the bike. if i park it outside i check on it constantly. is there something wrong with me? oh yeah and i'm paranoid about getting bike jacked at a traffic light i am always looking around can someone help me?[]

Old 04-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Default RE: am i too paranoid about bike being stolen?

<<when i'm out riding i hardly ever get off the bike>> LOL I am the same way

Old 04-29-2006, 12:29 AM

ya kinda the same way[] but there is therapy.......... JUST RIDE!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2006, 01:07 AM

Where are you from that you feel that way? I could see if you were cruising in Bronx or end up in the wrong place in L.A. I wouldn't sweat it to much. That is why you have insurance and full coverage. Its a material thing. Believe me I would be pissed if mine got jacked but hey I look at it as getting a new one...nothing like the 06.

Old 04-29-2006, 02:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your "normal", what ever that means, up to the point of being paranoid about being bike jacked. I have never heard of it happening here in Columbus OH, the 15th largest city in the US. We have our share of car and bike thefts and every now and then a car jacking. Have you seen the tapes on the news of guys getting in a bait car and after stealing it they get a few hundred yard down the road then the car dies and while Bad Boy’s plays on the radio the police come running up the car to make the arrest? If so that is Columbus, OH.

One thing to keep in mind when you ride is keep your cell phone on YOU not in the trunk of your BIKE. That way if something happens to it your bike and you are able to act fast you can call PO PO ASAP. In that business timing is everything.

As far as keeping an eye on your bike when you are off it, I do the same thing. I strategically park it so I can keep in eye on it if I am able when out and about. The worst area for bikes to get stolen is out side in an apartment parking lot. At 3:00AM they are dark and desolate because most everyone is either passed out from drinking all night at the bars or deep in REM sleep for work the next day. That is when a van pulls up, three guys get out, they drag a victim’s bike in it all in about two one minute flat.

Also not to preach, OK I'm preaching, lets keep in mind what we are supposed to idolize. If I am guilty of any of the big seven it would be that one in regard to these awesome man made creations.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:22 AM

This is what we pay insurance for guys, we all love our bikes more than life itself but dont let this kind of behaviour put a downer on your day out..Enjoy the bike and the fact that you can walk away from its sights and if anything happens our insurance will cover us.

Old 04-29-2006, 09:03 AM

so i am normal?? i live in the suburbs of philly but i have heard stories where bunch of bikers come up with a mini van following and they steal it from you. i have been looking for a good holster for my gun while on the bike just for protection. i have to confess i don't have full coverage on the bike. need to look into it for my own sanity.

Old 04-29-2006, 11:08 AM

It is normal, that thouhgt have passed my mind many times. Like the rest of the riders said, just ride!!! In reference of been a material thing I agree it is material, but who has not develop that LOVE AND AFFECT for its bike!!!???? I have, so I be d%^n if any @ss&ole with no life tries to get me of the my bike. Also cellphone is a MUST!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-01-2006, 01:29 AM

hi br2819,
just look at it this way if they are going to take your bike then they will take it just remember these people care nothing about you or life you r life is not worth the motorcycle it can be replaced you cannot. be safe

Old 05-01-2006, 02:04 PM

I hear ya dog.

I live in Del Co. and very seldom if at all do I leave my bike any where unattended for long periods of time. Even I work, it sits right outside my window.

Where are you near Philly?

Quick Reply: am i too paranoid about bike being stolen?