TO ALL MY RIDER'S PLEASE RESPOND'S

Old 07-20-2005, 02:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TO ALL MY RIDER'S PLEASE RESPOND'S

[sm=feedback.gif] PLEASE BE HONEST WITH ME I would like to buy a 1000cc rr for my first bike. Am 31 of age 198lb 6ft with a license and I took the msf class.I'am going back for more trainning and the advance class, I 've rode some atv but not a motorcycle. I 'am my own man with a family and I care about my life. I work in a REHAB unit for people that are injuried and I'am a EMT too, so I know what these bike are capable of doing to you and the speed they can reach. I alway's heard honda are the best and built to last so I decided to go with a honda. The 600rr are to small for me I've sat on them and I'am like micheal jordan on that thing they are set up for short people there low. The 1000 rr is sweet and beautiful like a piece of art. It's has everything I want in a bike the under the seat exhaust and relieable. I do not care about speed that not why I want the bike. Something I can keep for a while with out trading or wishing I brought something bigger or better or dependable. It's heavy and that's good less vibe and I know the bike ride good. I know a 50cc to a 1300 cc can kill you so because the bike can reach 180+++ doesnt mean u have to take it there. I just want to ride and have fun with the guy's. A'm I crasy to want that 1000 rr please help me.The only thing that come's close to the honda is the kawi 636 2005 because it's has a under the seat exhaust but is it dependable what about the ride is it smooth . Do they hold they value like the bigger bike or evevn is it easy to sale like a bigger bike. The price between the kawi 636 and the 1000 rr is about $2000 or a little bit less so why not go for the 1000cc and get you're money worth. TO ALL MY RIDER'S PLEASE RESPOND'S. I looking to make a purchase this fall PLEASE BE HONEST WITH ME [sm=feedback.gif]

Old 07-20-2005, 02:56 AM
Default RE: TO ALL MY RIDER'S PLEASE RESPOND'S

I came off a Kaw LTD 750 that ran strong but no comparison to my new Fireblade. I had to get used to the new angle of sitting leaned so far down. I got used to the motor real quick but I also ride motocross once or twice a week on a CRF450R so I ride alot and love powerfull bikes. Any way with your size frame I say go for it. Its like with any motor. Its all in how hard you crank the throttle and to know your limits. Take the time to get used to it and get comfortable because the throttle responce on this bike is very crisp but it does not wheelie real easy because of the centralized weight distribution so that will help. Try to learn it away from traffic if at all possible. Also when breaking it in you don't realy want to baby it to much cause the harder you run it the better as the rings will seat better and will have better compression in the long run. I would go out on a country road with very little traffic but take your cell phone just in case. Try to find a bike that you can practice on in the mean time. Maybe a friends, or even a dirt bike. The more time on any motorcycle before you get your Fireblade the better. The most dangerous thing about riding on the road is the cars. They don't see ya commin and don't care if they do. You have to always expect them to pull out on you. Ride defensive. Hope this helps.

CBR 1000RR Repsol

Old 07-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My standard answer to "should my first bike be a 1000" is no. That's because I've seen a lot of people go there with good intentions and end up twisting a perfectly good bike around a tree. Mrwtbill had good advice -- take it easy and ride on any thing with two wheels and get some experience. I'm your size and I still can putt along fine on my kids 80cc dirt bike (wheelies too!). Not trying to crush your hopes or anything, just realistic on how expensive bike plastic can be when you lay it down.

Good luck with your decision -- it sounds like you have your head on right so if you do decide to go with the 1kRR I think you'd prolly do o.k.

Old 07-20-2005, 09:48 AM

I am 6'2"... 205 lbs. and I haven't even begun scrathcing all the power my 600RR has to offer. After doing some basic modifications (i.e. exhaust) the sucker flys. I agree with chainstretcher, a 1000 for a first bike isnt the best idea. You have no idea how fast these bikes can get away from you, especially the liter bikes. See if you can try to ride someone's 600... don't underestimate them. And as far as your size... I'm bigger and I feel like a bug in a rug on my bike. It takes a little getting used to, and how to get your positioning on the bike just right. But once you do... you feel just like part of the bike. Again... it's your decision and believe me the 1000 is a kick *** bike.... but are you sure you want it to kick your *** ?

Old 07-20-2005, 09:55 AM

I started out in my mid 30's after a long break from bikes also. It does help out on the tempation to do dumb sh$t, but it is still in the back of your mind. I'm a little more vertically challenged than yourself, so the 600's where are great fit for me. I have an F4i that I riden on street and track for the last three years. It has been a great learning experience and everytime out I learn something. I just picked up an '04 CBR 1KRR with 283miles on it for $8000, a lot less than a new 600 anything. I'm glad I had the 600 first and got my first drops, fall, & scratches out of the way on it.

So I would recommend if you're going to get a 1000 look for a used low mile Fireblade, you will find one cheaper than buying a new 600. Also, break down and spend a couple hundred bucks and go to a trackday weekend somewhere. The payback in experience, skills, & confidence will be immediate and you just might get addicted. I take my whole family with me to the track all season long and my daughter just started riding this year as well.

Rob

Old 07-20-2005, 04:31 PM

I been riding for over 10 years and I just upgraded from a ex 500 to an 2005 1000rr repsol. I'll tell you what it is a whole other ball game. Since you want us to be honest I think you would be putting yourself at risk. You said you have a family think about them. My advice is buy a cheap bike for under a 1000 and learn to ride! Some of the best guys lay their bikes down. It happens to most of us. It is a real trick bike but a 600rr is just as sweet. Ive had mine for about two months and I'm still learning the beast's power. You have to earn your wings before you fly. You have to earn for wings before ya ride. Ride safe and good luck.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Bandit

The 600rr are to small for me I've sat on them and I'am like micheal jordan on that thing they are set up for short people there low. The 1000 rr is sweet and beautiful like a piece of art. It's has everything I want in a bike the under the seat exhaust and relieable.
These bikes aren't very different from each other. If you're having difficulty fitting on one, I suspect you'd have difficulty on the other as well. Some people have a hard time fitting on bikes because of the ergonomics. In this case, aftermarket parts (e.g rearsets, clip-ons) will be your best friend.

A'm I crasy to want that 1000 rr please help me.
You sound like a new rider. IMHO, a 600 sportbike (regardless of year) is not a beginner bike, let alone a liter bike.

The only thing that come's close to the honda is the kawi 636 2005 because it's has a under the seat exhaust but is it dependable what about the ride is it smooth . Do they hold they value like the bigger bike or evevn is it easy to sale like a bigger bike.
I think you have a misconception here. Firstly, liter bikes don't hold resale value any better or worse than 600's. Secondly, sportbikes generally don't hold resale value.

The price between the kawi 636 and the 1000 rr is about $2000 or a little bit less so why not go for the 1000cc and get you're money worth.
I think its a mistake to equate value with engine size. IMHO, a liter bike is no better or worse than a 600....just different. If you want to learn to ride and ride well, I think you should start small (less than 600cc) and work your way up.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:59 PM

Abadfish.... I agree with you completely, right on! [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 07-20-2005, 07:27 PM

Everyone on here has told you great advice. I hope you listen to what was said. You sound very responsible and you have your head on straight from the sounds of things. You being an EMT know all too well what a bike can do to someone. As i've told several people. A 600cc bike will try and kill you. A 1000cc bike wants to kill you.

Start off small and work your way up. Find a good older 500cc or 600cc and ride it for a few years. If you insist on going with a 600cc, look into an older Honda F2 or F3. They are very comfortable. I'm 6 ft, 250 and I was super comfortable on my old F3.

There is no need to rush into a liter bike. Take your time and learn the basics. You will want to ride for about a year or more before taking the advanced MSF class. It takes that long to learn and master the "basic" skills. The CBR1000RR's are sweet. They will also be around for the next few years.

If you are dead set on starting on something bigger then a 600cc, look at a mid to late 90's Kawasaki ZX-7R. They are great bikes, not the most powerfull, but super comfortable and it will have everything you need and more.