Alarm System Poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alarm System Poll

So the Scorpion as 2 setting - 1 for area - 1 for shocks ??

Old 05-17-2007, 02:59 PM

The actual alarm system has a shock sensor built in...for about $35 extra you can get the perimeter sensor which works really well. I have my perimeter sensor set so sensitive that if you open my garage door my alarm will start chirping.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:13 PM

I got the Scorpio SRi500 with all the bells and whistles..... im very please with it.....very easy installation....all plug andplay EXCEPT for the starter disable.....you got to cut a wire for that feature...

Old 05-17-2007, 07:37 PM

Vermino, cool video. I really dig that color scheme.

wylowt, I know what you mean. I have a friend that had the same set up and the sensor drove him crazy. He could not put a bike cover on or if a mouse ran around the alarm would be triggered.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:58 PM

It does not matter what you use or have. There is a way around every one!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:50 AM

alekinci, I set the sensitivity on my perimeter sensor that sensitive so that I can know when somebody opens up my garage door, so it doesn't bother me at all. If it does bother your friend tell him to adjust the sensitivity on the perimeter sensor.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Onarom

alekinci, +1 on la pistola! [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Vermino, Does the remote have to be in range for the paging system to work? How much of a range do you currently get? I think I might add that to my lock-and-chain security system.
i ran my antenna along the tail fairing horizontal (from front to back, so the end is pointing back) - i think i can get like 100-300 feet visible to turn on and off.. (from behind the bike) infront of it i barely can turn it on/off 30 feet (it's the antenna setup)..

Then i also work in a office building and i know the sensor has gone off a couple of times, but it's never sent to my pager (even when i position my bike with the antenna facing where the building is at).. I did test it in my house, from my garage (bike in there) and i went all the way into the backyard and set the alarm, and that worked - but it just seems to want to set whenever it likes.. I believe I need to split the antenna wire and put a signal booster fin on the back of the bike.

Now the system itself will still work even if it's not paging you, but if your bike is being stolen you want to know about it. perimeter sensor is so awesome, you got like 5 levels you can set- i have mine on the 5th, if someone parks next to my bike and starts to get out of their car it chirps.. (just to tell them, dont open your door and lean it up against me or i will scream) also keeps the kids off the bike unless i'm there and showing it off.. had alot of jack-asses sit on my bike thru high school and i have even seen them do it without my consent. and because it chirps alot from the perimeter sensor, it keeps the criminal mind looking away from my bike and looking at that nice Harley with no alarm system.

bad side about the scorpio? - umm if a thief really wanted your bike without your alarm going off (it would go off if he played around with it) but if he had an allen head, he can just take off your seat and rip off your power wire.. kind-of wish it had a back-up battery (guess i didnt buy that feature) and then about the antenna. but that's about it with it.. it's really worth the $300 or so (got it from Brad, he was having a sale winter).

Also if anyone else gots the scorpio, let me know if your pager range is screwing up like mine..

(just remember, it does take up alot of your golve compartment, well not liek you had alot of room in the first place, but you might have some problems with a PC3 and the scorpio. haven't got my PC3, so dont know the dimensions)

Old 05-18-2007, 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: alekinci

Vermino, cool video. I really dig that color scheme.

wylowt, I know what you mean. I have a friend that had the same set up and the sensor drove him crazy. He could not put a bike cover on or if a mouse ran around the alarm would be triggered.
just FYI - it takes alot to trigger the perimeter sensor.. as you saw in my video - the perimeter sensor was chirpping at me when i got near.. but i had to actually touch it somewhat or actually sit on it and move the bars to set it off (this is level 5sense. so it's maxed) but yes, garage door. people's custom exhaust, mouse farting will all make it chirp at them. I would rather have people nervous at my bike and stay away from it but it rarely actually goes off.

I just wanted toclear that upbecause i know alot of other alarm systems (like mycaralarm) if you open the garageit will trigger, not chirp from theshock and sound vibrations.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:16 AM

Ah, I agree. I don't ride anywhere without my "la pistola". A nice holster thats easy to remove from and won't fall out if I'm moving quick on the road.

By the way does anyone know how much Lojack cost's for bikes? I live in Indy and there arent' any Lojack dealers within 150 miles

Old 05-18-2007, 12:56 PM

bdahl77, I seen the dealer in NY sell the system + service from 600-750 (depending on what installation charge is). However, Im pretty sure they might be more expensive ro cheaper going by where you live.

wylowt and Vermino, my buddy and I are aware that the sensor can be adjusted. However, even on the lowest setting the alarm could have been triggered. He did keep his bike in a tight space but there was nothing within 4feet from his bike and it still began to make noise. Just the same, when it was outside with no one around it did that business too. It was probably defective.

Quick Reply: Alarm System Poll