Aftermarket Radiator (eBay)

Old 01-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Radiator (eBay)

My current (stock) radiator has some fixes in it that the previous owner must have done to it which I may think could affect the cooling of my bike.

If I had the money for a Honda radiator I'd buy one but I was looking around and found this one on eBay. Any thoughts? I don't want to invest the money if it's going to be garbage.

Anyone else buy an aftermarket radiator? If so, where and how much?

eBay Radiator

Thanks

Old 01-30-2014, 11:33 AM

No suggestions?

Old 01-30-2014, 11:26 PM

I bought one last year for my Kwak. The only issue was making the stone guard sit right because the screw holes and tabs can be out by a couple of millimetres. Aside from that it hasn't been any different to a factory one.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I could be interested in your radiator if you get a new one, how do you know it's giving you cooling issues?

I don't have any experiences with those chinese ones, though. But a radiator itself is a pretty simple concept. So long as it doesn't leak, it'll be fine.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Michelle
I bought one last year for my Kwak. The only issue was making the stone guard sit right because the screw holes and tabs can be out by a couple of millimetres. Aside from that it hasn't been any different to a factory one.
Thanks for the feedback. Fortunately, I won't be the one installing it. I'll be paying someone to do it so they're the ones going to have the alignment problems.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
I could be interested in your radiator if you get a new one, how do you know it's giving you cooling issues?

I don't have any experiences with those chinese ones, though. But a radiator itself is a pretty simple concept. So long as it doesn't leak, it'll be fine.

I'm not 100% sure it's giving me cooling issues but there is a patch that one of the previous owners applied to the coils. The bike runs normal. I did go ahead and order the aftermarket Chinese radiator. Let me know if you're interested in buying my old one. Once I get the job done I'll take pictures. It's going to be a few weeks, though.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by The__Rider
I'm not 100% sure it's giving me cooling issues but there is a patch that one of the previous owners applied to the coils. The bike runs normal. I did go ahead and order the aftermarket Chinese radiator. Let me know if you're interested in buying my old one. Once I get the job done I'll take pictures. It's going to be a few weeks, though.

Sure, when you get done swapping everything, if you could PM me a pic or two and maybe we can work out a deal.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:04 PM

Sure, when you get done swapping everything, if you could PM me a pic or two and maybe we can work out a deal.
Sounds good, will do.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:07 PM

Were you still interested in buying my radiator I had replaced? If so, let me know and I can upload a picture for you.