After all the hate here's the bike...

Old 04-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After all the hate here's the bike...

Finally I get a chance to tell the story about my trip to Chattanooga last week to pick up the new bike.

After much deliberation and effort to sell my F4i and mods I finally cleaned house. Not only did I sell my F4i but I also sold a Suzuki Z400 quad I've been hanging on to for a couple of years. After selling all this stuff I got all my money together and went shopping for an '06 1000RR. I drove down to Souther Powersports last Friday. It was a solid 8 hr drive each way. The dealership was pretty basic but man they sell a lot of bikes. The place was packed with people buying Hondas of all types. After hanging around for a couple of hours at the dealership I finally finished up the paperwork, got the bike loaded, and headed back to Columbus, OH. The only problem with the trip was the torrential downpour we hit on the way home. The bike was soaked.

Luckily everything was fine the next day though. I got a chance to give the bike a solid coat of Honda polish and now she's good to go.

I've ridden the bike every day this week. I absolutely love it. It has more power than any sane person knows what to do with. I don't know if I'm breaking the bike in or it's breaking me in. It accelerates like a beast in every gear regardless of your speed. But what's most impressive is how well it handles. This bike feels very comfortable leaned over. Getting into turns is no problem.

I've already got a couple hundred miles on it. I'll probably do my first oil change a little early and take it to a local dealer to get the suspension set up too. The stock setup is a little stiff for my 155 lbs frame. Bumps seem to bounce me off the seat a little.

Anyway, this bike is great. Looks awesome, sounds awesome, and rides like a dream. I've got some parts ready to be installed hopefully in the next week. I've got a Sportech Windscreen, Clear Alternatives Tail Integrator, VFX flash EQ Pro, and a Comp Werkes FE to be installed. I'll do the front lights in a month or so after the Protons for the '06 model comes out.

Anyway, thanks to all for the advice. Thanks to OldFatGuy for the inspiration. Thanks 05Tribal for all the info on So Po, let's make sure we go riding soon.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:51 AM
Retired Mod
Default RE: After all the hate here's the bike...

congrats man. bike looks AWESOME! thanks for the inspiration in my inner search for the need for a new bike. i hate you like you hate OldFatGuy. thanks kiggy

Old 04-21-2006, 02:00 AM

EnJoy it, bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2006, 02:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kiggy,

I was wondering if the storms that came through the area got you since you said you were going to use a pick up truck to get it. I'm glad it all worked out.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:16 AM

Congrats mate!!! Its a awesome feeling getting on the blade for the first time...Enjoy the ride, it looks great...Any plans for mods? Would look great with tinted screen and fender eliminator!!

Old 04-21-2006, 10:26 AM

Beautiful !!!

Old 04-21-2006, 01:40 PM

Congrats again Kiggy.

Good write-up, nice pics, and BEAUTIFUL bike!

I just broke 1,000 miles on mine and loving it more each day.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:50 PM

Beautiful bike! Congrats!

Old 04-21-2006, 03:04 PM

Congratulations on the new bike

Old 04-21-2006, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: 05Tribal

Kiggy,

I was wondering if the storms that came through the area got you since you said you were going to use a pick up truck to get it. I'm glad it all worked out.

Yep, we got nailed with a rain storm coming out of Cincinnatti. We almost had to stop in a couple of places because it was raining so hard. My last bike only saw water once when I got caught in a rain storm. So with this bike being new, and considering all the effort that went into getting it, I had almost considered renting a cargo van to make sure it didn't get wet on the way. The cost for the van was a bunch more, and I figured the gas would be more too, so I just rented a truck.

The funny thing was that Southern Powersports' idea of "dealer prep" is a garden hose. So when I went to pick it up it there wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was 80 deg in TN. But yet the bike was still completely wet because they had just hosed it off. Boy wasn't I glad that I didn't rent the van after seeing that.

Anyway, the rain didn't cause any damage that a good wipe down with Honda polish couldn't fix.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: After all the hate here's the bike...