Is about that time

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is about that time

ok is about time i change my rear tired how much would i bee looking to spent for tire and instalation. I wana have a good idea before going out and buying it, without knowing

Old 08-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is about that time

depends on what tyre you are thinking of getting.....I myself have tried Pilot Powers ct2,cause everyone was raving bout them, so I tried....they are good for quick turn in, but here in Melbourne, Australia it gets pretty cold and the PPs are crap when cold...they take forever to warm up on the street..and if it rains you better slow down cause the slip like your on ice........

Then I tried Super Corsa Pros.....190/55/17...and damn they are good....Warm up very quick...turn in verrry good....only down side, they dont last that long....but grip wise, they are the bomb...rain, hail, or shine the corsa PROs on the CBR thou are a awsome tyre........price here in OZ for a set front and rear, is about A$600.....

but that is the only thing between you and the road....that little bit of rubber.....so A$600 for good grip is fine by me....dont skimp on tyres...get the best you can afford......

Old 08-09-2007, 04:49 PM

Pirelli Super Corsa III.
http://www.sportrider.com/tech/tires...corsa_3_tires/

The new Diablo Corsa III - Three-Zone Compound - is not a tire solely for elite racers. Pirelli developed it to allow owners of modern supersport machines to draw full advantage from the benefits of Pirelli being the official supplier to the entire SBK paddock.
The new Diablo Corsa III is a link between the street and the benefits of race-track development: the Diablo III, and its three-zone compound is a tire that marries the needs of the track and the street, allied to a front offering sure and effective performance to all riders.
The Diablo Corsa III gives maximum performance to everyone; the possibility to live out every emotion on the street. In the corners or on the endless freeway, on dry surfaces as smooth and grippy as a racetrack, or on a wet and bumpy road.
The performance of the Diablo Corsa III is just as assured for the every-day customer as it is for those with the most extreme demands. It is not created only for professionals. It does not need the exaggerated lean angles allowed by its softer shoulder compounds to justify its existence

Old 08-10-2007, 10:42 AM

First I would never change just one of the tires, the bike feels all wrong. The profiles are off and not worn in together, just too squirrly. This is from personal experience. If you are looking to save money stop buying fast food and beer for a week and put it toward the other tire.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont drink and don't ear fast food i bought the michelling pilot

Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 PM

Did you buy a pair?

Old 08-11-2007, 02:04 AM

I got my rear tire replaced not too long ago with the Corsa III's, just took off my tire and brought it to Cycle Gear and mounted it back myself. For 180 bucks with motoguard. Not bad. Good Luck! Instead of having someone change out your rear tire for labor. Just do it urself/

Old 08-11-2007, 11:37 AM

I currently have the pirelli diablo corsa on my 04 1000 and im not liking them, when its cold out they absolutely suck and they take foreva to warm up but on my old 900 i had qualifiers and they were good all around rain or shine i rode my bike on december 21 and it was around 40 degrees (we had a wierd winter it didnt snow till christmas) and they were great never had a problem. im switching back over to dunlop next time around

Old 08-12-2007, 12:22 AM

On July 20th, I bought a "Dunlop Qualifier 190/50ZR1" from the good folks at Fred Cummings Motorsports in Bakersfield, Ca. which lists at $258.13 (USD), but was sold for $154.99and I paid $50.00 for installation. Long sentence, sorry. I've put over 2,000 mi. on it, in all weather, and no complaints. Peace, G.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:21 AM

ORIGINAL: jerado8

I currently have the pirelli diablo corsa on my 04 1000 and im not liking them, when its cold out they absolutely suck and they take foreva to warm up but on my old 900 i had qualifiers and they were good all around rain or shine i rode my bike on december 21 and it was around 40 degrees (we had a wierd winter it didnt snow till christmas) and they were great never had a problem. im switching back over to dunlop next time around

The corsas you used where they the Pros... I found the pros to be good in all weather...and Here in Melbourne we get four season in a day sometimes....But found the Corsa pros to warm up alot...alot quicker than Pilot Powers...but I aint tried dunlops yet....

Quick Reply: Is about that time