2008 stock exhaust mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 stock exhaust mod

I have grown tired of waiting for a suitable exhaust for my 08 and decided the next best option was to disable those butterfly valves in the stock exhaust. Their is a flap in larger exhaust port that only opens after 5-6k rpm. If you simply disconnect the cable the actuates the valve you will have total flow at all rpms. It is a pretty simply affair, took about 5 minutes. Remove front seat and expose battery tray. In the right rear corner of the battery box you will see the servo motor for the exhaust. This is held in by one bolt, remove it and turn over the servo which exposes the wheel which the cable is mounted to. remove cable from the wheel and place cable some where out of the way, just make sure it has enough slack to leave the exhaust flaps open. Reassemble the bike and you are all set to go. If you look in the stock pipe the big valve should barely be visible as it is fully open and out of the way. Results: still has the metally sound that all stock pipes do, but it is nice and deep now and I don't notice the valve opening and closing as I cruise down the road. It still sounds a bit like a lawn mower, but now it sounds like a bad *** lawn mower!!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2008 stock exhaust mod

yeah i remember hittin 5k rpm and hearing the deeper sound and I recall it sounded pretty good.....so I guess its a good adjuster for now until you decide what exhaust to get ther are several to choose from I suppose... i got rid it it altogether and bought the 2 bros.. sounds awesome too...

Old 05-01-2008, 11:29 AM

I was thinking about the two bros, but was gonna wait till they came out with a trim piece to cover the mid fairing hole, did you notice any performance difference after installing the new pipe, the dino chart show a pretty good gain in lower to mid rpm torque?

Old 05-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jyoungl7

I was thinking about the two bros, but was gonna wait till they came out with a trim piece to cover the mid fairing hole, did you notice any performance difference after installing the new pipe, the dino chart show a pretty good gain in lower to mid rpm torque?
yeah the opening area is not much of an issue for me..their dyno stats say between 2-4 hp... well I'm assuming it gives it an increase in HP ... this machine bone stock engine is bananas. I mean you can easily do a power wheelie in 3-4 gear.. I did it on the highway..on 4th gear.. it has incredible torque push.

I'm gonna have dyno tested this week and I'll have the dyno results to share with you guys.. soon. Oh yeah btw...due to the shortness of the 2 bros..im losing back pressure hence the power commander and dyno.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

sounds cool keep us up 2 date.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:43 PM

i ordered the leo vince when i took the bike home in march.suppost to be in tommorow,only if i had a nickel for everytime they told me that...i just ordered the hotbodies under tail finaly a quality under tail is available..