08 exaust faring

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 exaust faring

hey everone. i am sure this has been asked a half a million times but i just recently decided to buy an 08 cbr. I am gonna buy an 08 after wrecking my zx-14. but i reall don't like the way the 08 looks with a aftermarket pipe. basically i don't like seeing all the pipe hanging out. Now i have see pics of 08's with after market exausts the look like they have a one piece lower faring, almost like the farring for the stock exaust doesn't come off with the stock pipe. but i know this isnt the case. I am wondering can i buy this type of faring any where? i know there are a coulple of companys that sell lower faring extentions with there exausts. but can they be bought for any pipe and if so where. so far i see scorpion comes with a faring extention, and so does taylor made. but i don't reall like the looks of the mufflers. so what other options do i have?

also it seems like every brand lolyalest has a brad of pipe that seems to be most perfered. I.E.- kawi guys tend to like brocks or muzzy pipes, yamaha guys seem to like graves. what to most honda guys like. and what is your indivdual opinion on which pipe you like best and why? (I.E.-looks, sound, performance numbers, etc) thanks for any help/ opinions any one gives me.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Default RE: 08 exaust faring

If I'm not mistaken, the stock "fairing" for the exhaust, is actually partOF the exhaust.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:12 PM

I bought the yoshi pipe and yoshi also has a heat shield that covers the bottom of the exhaust that you are talking about.

I put the heat shiel on mine today and it looks awesome.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:10 AM

i am aware that the stock exaust faring is part of the exaust, that why i am looking for an after market one.

trainedkilla do you have pics of your exaust? i would really like to see it. yoshi is one of the three pipes i am thinking of getting, long with kr tuned and akrapovic. i am leaning tword the akra but am still seriously on the fence that why i need opinions. if the yoshi heat sheild looks good i'll probally get it cause every yoshi pipe i haver ever had sounded great and the r77 pipe looks **** on the 08

Old 08-14-2008, 05:44 AM

I've got a two brothers pipe on mine and I love the way it sounds (very deep) and looks (very clean) I'll try and get some pics up today!

Old 08-15-2008, 01:35 PM

if you are looking fo rpics go to the 1000modifications and look at my 08 modded up. i have 2bros on and plenty of pics for you to see what it looks like.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:02 PM

i have see the twobros exaust. its nice just not what i am looking for

Old 08-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

ORIGINAL: therealtwitch

i have see the twobros exaust. its nice just not what i am looking for
I know what you mean, me too.

Check out taylormade. granted they haven't posted any power gains they are the "look" exactly what you are looking for. also check out Jardean, there is a thread in this forum where I posted up many pictures of different exhausts on the 08 try serching for it.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:59 PM

does any one read road racing world? they are doing a article about racing a street leagel 08 cbr 1000. it is called in to the fray. there is a pic of the faring i want on page 117. the bike has a kr tuned pipe on it. it is exactly what i want. and want to know if i can buy it any where. if not then i am leaning tword a yoshi pipe cause it has the heat sheilding that covers the pipe

Old 08-18-2008, 08:38 AM

here's mine sorry it took so long
Name:  055.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  80.7 KB

Quick Reply: 08 exaust faring