08 1k - Rear Seat Cowl Storage

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 1k - Rear Seat Cowl Storage

has anyone seen or heard of a rear seat cowl storage solution.

basically looking to get rid of the passenger seat and replace with a cowl that has storage

have emailed a couple companies that sell rear seat cover cowls but none offer additional storage

Old 10-22-2009, 03:24 PM

additional storage? you cant be serious. where would they make any room? the bike is built the way it is built.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:06 PM

your right ... but I need a hair more storage ... I gotta leave out tools, tire repair kit or my power commander ... unless I can find some more storage

Old 10-22-2009, 10:54 PM

i dont think this is needed, if you want additional storage get a bag... but I have a lot of room in my tail section... I have the power commander, safety glasses, tire gauge, disc lock, owners manual , screwdriver, and an allen wrench set.. there is no reason to plug a tire on a sport bike, get a hole get a new tire... if you need more then get and st1300 and you'll have saddlebags for all your stuff.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rellimdekim
i dont think this is needed, if you want additional storage get a bag... but I have a lot of room in my tail section... I have the power commander, safety glasses, tire gauge, disc lock, owners manual , screwdriver, and an allen wrench set.. there is no reason to plug a tire on a sport bike, get a hole get a new tire... if you need more then get and st1300 and you'll have saddlebags for all your stuff.
theres plenty of us thats not skeered to plug a tire on a sportbike, I've personally put over 6k on a plugged tire with no issues and can list plenty more peeps who've done the same. But Only storage solution is a tail or tank bag. These bikes are sportbikes, not touring bikes, so you're not gonna find alot of storage options other than those two.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
theres plenty of us thats not skeered to plug a tire on a sportbike, I've personally put over 6k on a plugged tire with no issues and can list plenty more peeps who've done the same. But Only storage solution is a tail or tank bag. These bikes are sportbikes, not touring bikes, so you're not gonna find alot of storage options other than those two.
alright, i will give you the plug thing, but a decent plug kit (mushroom plug with gun) just isnt going to fit in the tail with anything else...

Old 10-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rellimdekim
alright, i will give you the plug thing, but a decent plug kit (mushroom plug with gun) just isnt going to fit in the tail with anything else...
I use regular ol tire plugs ya use on car tires. Now I do have a nicer set of pluggin tools than the avg cheapo kit, but I dont carry em around in my bike. Thats what AAA is for

that and roadside assistance that comes with a AMA membership

Old 10-23-2009, 12:21 PM

I've heard (but don't know for sure) that the R&G Tail Tidy adds some depth to the rear storage area - not exactly the cheapest way to go, but if you were going to be doing an FE anyway, this might be worthwhile

Old 10-24-2009, 01:26 PM

Agree the AMA Champion memebership with road side assistance is a great deal at $39 ... AAA wanted $120.

I have the Aerostich Expedition Pocket Plugger Tubeless Tire Repair Kit #4936 ... havent' had to use it yet but when your way back in the remote twisties it will be worth its weight and size.

Think I'll experiment with combining a tank bag with the a modified OEM seat cowl. See cowls on Ebay allot for cheap.