07 top speed in sertain gears doesnt seem right

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 top speed in sertain gears doesnt seem right

Hey guys iv been putting up new post about my 07 recently because i just have not be satisfied with it performance. iv been riding bikes since i was 8 and im crazy about my bikes need them to be running perfect. so i need your guys help to tell me if im just crazy or thats how everyones bike is. My bike has Yoshi r-5 carbon slip on, and power commander as well.

top spead
1st - 88mph
2nd - 118mph
3rd - 135 mph

i havent tested others out because im not a dumb *** like some of these people on street bikes who think they are invinceable when they on regular everyday streets.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:14 PM

So i'm assuming you were on a closed course testing those speeds out? B/c i doubt you just went to third gear and topped out at 130 what ever and left it at that. which makes you a dumbass.... Yes those are accurate numbers.... I did have my bike to 91mph INDICATED in first gear and bounced it off the rev limter for a second. i must be a dumbass too, welcome to the club, t heres alot of em out there.

There is a time and a place for stuff like that... If your out on a open country road with no cars around, then its your own dumb fault what happens, thats what i do, when i first got my bike i was hog wild about goin zipidty doo dah down the straits, but now that i've been on it, i just like accel and the occasional strait line burst, I've been more into twisties now that i have my handling down.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:17 PM
June 2009 ROTM

Drop a tooth on the front and go up 2 in the rear. Or, are you saying those speeds are too low? That OP confused me. You are unhappy with the performance because it tops out at 88 in 1st? What do you think the top of 1st should be?

Old 06-30-2009, 08:52 PM

the question is a bit confusing. You mention your modded exhaust, but that will have nothing to do with how fast your bike goes in a specific gear. that is soley controlled by your gearing, nothing else. You could add 1000hp to your bike, and guess what, those indicated speed are going to be the same. Or, it could be running like crap and low on power, and still manage those speeds in those gears.

I guess maybe a better explanation of what your question actually is?

135 mph....... i havent tested others out because im not a dumb *** like some of these people on street bikes who think they are invinceable when they on regular everyday streets.
that has to be the biggest oxymoron I have heard in a long time. I'm not gonna harp on ya for speeding, we all do it. But please don't say your not a dumbass like others that think thier invinceable, while saying you just went 135 mph.. there is no where on any public road that would be considered safe.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:50 PM

yeah my bad thats not what i was tryin to say. i wanted to get back on here and clear that up but had races all weekend. But im not talkin like that feelas im sayin to those people who rip down town roads doing 140 plus where its not safe at all. and i kinda was in a close course but not really its was an old air strip my friend knows about but and its just straight but its not really long enough to get into 4th gear. But for everything else i was just wondering on the speeds because both my friends bikes older moldels etc do high speeds in there gears than mine and i was just wondering if my bike was being robbed of power or not. im more down with twisty roads as well. we all know street bikes can go way to fast straight hah but seeing who has the ***** to dip out in the turns is where its at. sorry for the confusion guys.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:12 AM

glad you cleared that up. Like I said, we all speed, but its good to know you were on an airport strip doing your speed runs. That's quite a bit different.

those speeds are about what your bike should be doing. You will always hear people talk about how thier bike does over 100 in first. the only stock bikes that I know of that do that are the R1 and the ZX10, which are around 105 in first. And I think even those bikes have a lower speed in first with the new versions. I've never seen a stock 1000rr go faster than the speeds you've mentioned per the gears you mentioned. Those speeds you listed seem right on where they should be.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:12 AM
June 2009 ROTM

Yeah those speeds are normal. Mine are a bit higher since I have a euro bike with only a 40 tooth rear. (that will change once I bring my new sprockets and chain back from the US when I visit next week ).

Still not sure what you mean by 'not satisfied with the performance'. Does the bike feel slow?

Old 07-06-2009, 01:28 PM

yeah well i understand but my bike isnts stock i mean with a 500 yoshi r-5 slip on and power commander and a dyno tune i figure my bike to be pushin higher speeds. and was just upset when i dumped all that money into it and didnt really notice much of a change in speeds or power. We all pull wheelies im sure from time to time. so when my bike was bone stock i would bring it up to 8,000rpm let off an then slap it and it would stand right up. and i figured once i put on the after market stuff i wouldnt have to be that high in rpm to stand it up. Wronnnng! still gotta do it. and then i take into play that my bike is suppose to be rider friendly. so it might be engineered to not stand up like that and put the power to the ground instead. I hope im not losing anyone with what im tryin to say. this is my first street bike and im just **** about my bikes.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by dont under estimate 1 liter
yeah well i understand but my bike isnts stock i mean with a 500 yoshi r-5 slip on and power commander and a dyno tune i figure my bike to be pushin higher speeds. and was just upset when i dumped all that money into it and didnt really notice much of a change in speeds or power. We all pull wheelies im sure from time to time. so when my bike was bone stock i would bring it up to 8,000rpm let off an then slap it and it would stand right up. and i figured once i put on the after market stuff i wouldnt have to be that high in rpm to stand it up. Wronnnng! still gotta do it. and then i take into play that my bike is suppose to be rider friendly. so it might be engineered to not stand up like that and put the power to the ground instead. I hope im not losing anyone with what im tryin to say. this is my first street bike and im just **** about my bikes.
It doesn't matter how much "horsepower" your **** has or what upgrades you did, the bike will still only go to a certain speed in a certain gear, its just how fast you get there that will change. Adding horsepower will not up your speeds in a gear if that's what you were trying to gain than that is def. a waste of money.

EDIT: Now that I got through the entire post I see what you are saying. How do you know for a fact you gained no power? did you ride it long enough before you did any mods to really feel what stock is? Did you just slap a bunch of **** on there and not notice it because you have nothing to compare it to?

Last edited by bradseabridge; 07-06-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:53 PM
June 2009 ROTM

Still sounds like you need a gearing change for the results you want. You will lose top end and need to shift a bit more but gain a lot of acceleration. Check out http://cbrtech.dyndns.org:8080/cbrtech/gearing.php

Since you got it dyno tuned do you have any numbers? If you show us the chart or at least give the numbers we can get a better idea if your bike is running as it should. Its possible your map isn't optimized and the tuner didn't know what he was doing.

Quick Reply: 07 top speed in sertain gears doesnt seem right