07 1000 RR Daily Driver?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 1000 RR Daily Driver?

Been shopping for a 1k for a while since I was taken out by a car last yr. I was T-boned on my k5 Gixxer1k. I loved my bike, and did alot of commuting on it. I pretty much avoided the rediculous gas prices of the summer by using the bike as a daily driver. I wanted to know what everyone thought about the new 1K RR and if its comfy for every day commuting along with sporty riding on wkds. Im also trying to use this subject as an excuse to get the bike, and to save gas. My other Daily driver is a Dodge SRT 10 so forget it. I remember riding my bike to work all week in the summer and having it cost about $10 in gas, when my truck back and fourth to work was about $100. Cant wait to scoop up a new bike. Ive been thinking that the Repsol Replica is the way im gonna go, the bright colors are a plus to be seen in trafic also.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Default RE: 07 1000 RR Daily Driver?

i use my 05 1000rr as a daily driver and find it comfortable as hell..... i know its not an 07 (like i wish it was lol) but they didnt really change the ergonomics that much between the years so i would give it 2 thumbs way up for a daily driver....

Old 04-27-2007, 12:39 AM

I use my 06 1krr as a daily driver and love every minuit of it. they only changed paint for 07 so its the same bike. Its pretty comfortable and more that sporty enough for the weekends!

Old 04-27-2007, 03:08 AM

My 071000RR is used as a daily commuter...comfortable as hell. The seat has changed since the 04-05. Their is a diffrence on the cushion.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:57 AM

My 1k is comfy. No back pains no arm pains neck pains wrist pains, nothing. Its comfy Even the seat doesn't hurt anymore. I find if I ride hugging the tank with my legs and sit up towards the tank more, my tail bone doesn't hurt. As opposed to sitting back and sitting flat.

It is a great bike, however I will not ride it to work or leave it unattended for a long period of time. Fear of stupid people doing stupid things. The repsol sticks out for sure, plus in traffic, minus when you leave it parked somewhere. I came out of a starbucks one time to find people surrounding my bike, fine, look all you want. But when you start to touch it, or look too close to see what something feels like or what its there for................Its go time. This dumbass and his wife or girlfriend or whatever had the nerve to put their hands on my handlebars, acting like they wanted to feel the grip or something. I said something of course and a quick loud arguement insued but they got the message.

I don't know why people think they can do whatever to other peoples property. It really ticks me off. I don't take **** from people when it concerns my bike anymore. I use to think its no big deal, but the amount of people doing stupid things and saying stupid things in traffic, I think they are dumbass who want an *** woopin. I've been in 2 fights reguarding my sportbikes. Fock em. Maybe they will learn.

Had a friend who's oil dipstick got removed, Another with a pebble found in the oil intake. I don't know if it was haters or punk kids or maybe exwife but yeah those kind of things suck.......................

Old 04-27-2007, 08:15 AM

its daily commuter.......track bike.....drag bike.....touring bike.....passenger bike....all rolled up in the same plastic....

ive got 12-k on my 05....mostly daily commuter miles..

Old 04-27-2007, 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Orangebutter

It is a great bike, however I will not ride it to work or leave it unattended for a long period of time. Fear of stupid people doing stupid things.
+1 on that. I don't ride to work or use it for running errands ever. The only errand it goes on is to the gas station....possibly the bike dealer to browse, but that's ok.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:08 PM

I have an 04 and my *** will get sore riding to work, I plan on getting a new seat or this one redone and after that I will be fine. BTW I havea 50 minute ride to work , anything under 30-40 minutes is fine.

+1 on the why do people feel like they can just mess with bikes? Do they go stick their arms in convertibles? The day somebody tips over my bike and I force them to pay for plastics/paint/brake or Clutch lever/etc I think that would be the last time some idiot touches a bike. Hell I am very comfotable around bikes and I dont touch other peoples bikes, why would you?

Old 04-28-2007, 01:27 AM

+1 on the 50 minute ride to work. Im tryin to keep the mileage as low as possible so i dont ride to work everyday with it, only on the weekends when there is less traffic. and i park inside the property where i work with all the GMs and important people lol so i can keep an eye on it while i work. i have an 07 1kRR and I was suprised at how comfortable I was for that long of a ride. I say do it! If its not a honda, its just another bike lol

Old 04-28-2007, 04:42 AM

Gixxer is a great bike, but I found the seat hurt after about 50+ miles (on the 2006 1k model). I just feel more comfortable on the Honda. I am putting on about 1000 miles/month on my bike. Considering I only live 12 miles away from work, I am putting on a lot of recreational miles. I am loving every minute of it and I do NOT feel the need to change the seat or anything else.

My friend recently had his gixxer stolen and he is seriously considering getting a CBR 1000RR because it feels mor comfortable to him. The suspension on the Gixxer is softer, which might be better for commuting, but other than that, I think the CBR is the better day-to-day bike.

Quick Reply: 07 1000 RR Daily Driver?