06 CBR1000RR & the cops last night

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 CBR1000RR & the cops last night

Last night, I went cruising in Miami late in the evening. Around 300am I was heading south on US1 in North Miami Beach. I was doing 60 on a 35 mph speed limit when suddenly I saw a police car parked at the median between incoming & outgoing traffic. As I approached the cop I had no time to slow down, I figured it's gonna be a ticket anyway, so i decided to open the throtle. I passed him doing about 80 mph. he turned his head lights & sirrens on & took off to catch me. There was about 3 traffic lights ahead & they all turned yellow. I passed the first 2 then made a right at the third one heading West hoping to take I-95 asap. He was still chasing me & now there was another police car coming from the front & a third one from the left. All with their sirrens on & lights glowing like a christmas tree. I knew that in about 1-2 minutes, there will be about 20 cars after me. I said to my self, shoot, maybe i should just pull over & pretend I never saw him, but then i knew i would get slapped by them, arrested, & my baby 06' towed away. At the same time, I m not from Miami, & i have no idea which way to go. I must leave this area immediately. I passed another red light, then made a right hand turn (heading North) on some 1 lane residential road with many stop signs & a few traffic lights. I opened the throtle passing every stop sign & light with my heart beating faster than my RPM. While accelerating at 110 mph, there was some water on the ground from the sprinklers & the bike went side ways a few times, so immediately I closed the throtle. My heart was pounding & my baby was screaming like there was no tomorow. Praying to God that i would never do this again, & to find an immediate main road in order to hit I-95 North, out of this bloody Dade county. I knew that if i encountered a police car in front of me, this will all be over very quickly. Suddenly, a main street is ahead, so i press on the brakes, the bike stopped in the middle of the intersection. I turn left, I took I-95 North, & open it up on the highway. All the way home.
I will never do this ever again. I learned my lesson. But this cop should have known better not to chase a biker. I've passed cops before speeding, & I have many cop friends, they always told me that when they see a bike speeding, they dont bother chasing him, "let him kill himself", they say. Anyway, I learned my lesson now, speeding only on race track or maybe the highway. Good thing it was Metro Dade police & not the LAPD, over there they call for a chopper for jay walking.

Old 05-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Default RE: 06 CBR1000RR & the cops last night

Old 05-12-2006, 06:57 PM

Old 05-12-2006, 07:05 PM

Sorry dude, but not impressed with your "heroic" story. You put a lot of people at risk doing stupid stuff like that. Also, there's no chance that the next biker he pulls over is going to get a break at all.

I hope they catch you next time.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:08 PM

Thanks for the reply, but I think you missed the end of my mesage.........There will be no next time!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 09:00 PM

Too dangerous and not worth the risk man.. When the cherries come on...pull over and take the ticket...its's better than than spending a night in the can or losing your life...

My 2 cents

Old 05-12-2006, 09:08 PM

I hope you do follow your statement that you'll never do it again. But more than likely it's the day after tieing one on and saying, "I'm never drinking again." I've heard, and said, that a million times.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:28 PM

I have no idea how you would rather risk your life and the lives of other people to avoid a low cost speeding ticket?..I know you didnt come on here to brag but thats probly not the kind of thing you want to post on this forum, you will find 90 % of the people here will tell you that you are very stupid for what you have done...Im glad that you and your bike are ok but next time you wanna gamble your life for a $100 ticket lets us know first and one of us will buy your bike off you before you risk smashing it up

Old 05-12-2006, 10:23 PM

Being a LEO I'm not even going to respond to this.....

SIKE!! YOUR AN IDIOT!! HOPE YOU GET NAILED NEXT TIME YOUR OUT!

Old 05-13-2006, 12:28 AM

Hey bro, I used to lived in WPB right in Lake Worth, so I know a;; the turns and other S^&t you did. You metion living Dade County. Which county did you head to. NorthonI-95 is only only a couple of county 'till you hit Palm Beach County (which I miss a lot)

Quick Reply: 06 CBR1000RR & the cops last night