CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Yes there is spark again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes there is spark again!

but now the other problem i ran into is the neutral light stays on when the bike is engaged and the only way i can keep the bike running is when i have the choke on and sometime after that it still wont stay running but when it does i can manage to put in gear and the neutral light stays on do you have any idea on what both these issues might be.

And does anyone know of a place to pick up some cheap plastics or (cowls) because when i removed mine to repair the bike they fell off the shelf i had them on and did a good number to them

1994 CBR1000F

Old 07-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Default RE: Yes there is spark again!

Carbs need to be cleaned to get ride of the choke issue. As for the neutral light, it sounds like there is a short on the light side of the circuit causing the light to stay on. Time to break out the wiring diagram.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:28 PM

Damn i was hoping i didnt have to do the whole wireing diagram thing again damn it!!! lol but the carbs being cleaned out will get rit of the boggin out issue when the choke is not engaged.. I cleaned them out already but you think they can be dirty again?

Old 07-08-2007, 08:23 PM

If it only runs with the choke on, then most likely the idle jet is somehow still clogged. If you rev the engine to,say 4k rpms and hold it then shut the choke off, does the bike still run fine?

Old 07-09-2007, 11:47 AM

the bike will struggle even when ideling, and choke on but now with the choke on ill go to rev. it, it will bogg out and die but if i put the choke on before starting the bike and then go and start it i have to give it gas right away so it doesnt bogg out but it will still idel b/c i put the choke back on and let it sit but if i go to rev it again it will die out. Even at 4rpm i dunno after cleaning the carbs almost 3 months ago and then not riding the bike b/c of the CDI issue i had. So if it can still be that i will try and clean them again, how do you clean yours when you do it (anyone)

Old 07-09-2007, 11:52 AM

Sorry to say, but I've owned my bike for almost 5 years and never had to clean the carbs out so I can't tell you how to proceed

Old 07-09-2007, 01:28 PM

See https://cbrforum.com/m_338037/tm.htm

If you clean the carbs an put an in-line filter on the fuel hose you dont need to clean them every third months

Old 07-09-2007, 03:41 PM

Ok did the carbs and she idels very nicely but i think i put to much oil in her b/c she sounds very hollow instead of the bitchen noise she used to have you guys think this might be why she sounds different now or could there not be enough compression and thats why im getting the hollow sound? she is aslo running a little hot to but after reading a bunch of these forums im going to change the therm-o and gasket but in one of these forums i read it said you can use a honda car one is this true or are they to big?

Old 07-09-2007, 03:47 PM

If you can get the bike to run, I have had very good luck running a product called Sea-Foam through the carbs with a fresh tank of gas. It is a fuel system additive and has a pretty good detergent effect. The directions call for some fairly substantial dilution, but I've put 1/2 to 2/3 of a can into a 4.5 gallon tank on an old Yamaha and had no problem. As long as the carbs are not completely clogged, I've gotten them to clean out and function properly without disassembly in a tank or two.

Your mileage may vary.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:17 PM

Yes, there is a Stant(sp?) radiator cap that will fit right on. As for a whole new thermostat from a car that drops right in, I'm not so sure.

Quick Reply: Yes there is spark again!