CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

WTB - 1990 right side exhaust shield

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 07:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an after thought, when my two boys fitted the laser exhausts they actually fitted the heat shields back in place, a little mucking around and they got it and it looks way better with the shields in place rather than the exposed stainless neck of the slip ons. My boys are 19 and 11 so for them to modify the shields to fit perfectly shows it's very achievable.
I did consider selling the original exhausts but thought better of it and left them hanging in the shed as the lasers are just right on the decibel reading that could be seen as to loud by an over zealous policeman and if that happened I could if needed just take the lasers off and put originals back on.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gazz, I went ahead and ordered the slip ons from Delkevic. They have so many different models and options, it was tough to choose. But I decided on the stainless 14" oval system. It was $100 cheaper than their carbon fiber one, which I seen some mixed reviews regarding durability on. It seems like a good mix between quiet enough to take on a long trip, but still having some grunt to its tone (esp with the baffle removed, which is just one screw). It was $345 shipped to my house, is brand new and designed for the bike. I figure I can sell my stock (mostly mint) parts to pay for part of it. One side is near perfect, and the underlying pipe I'm sure is, as well. It'll improve the looks (mostly because of that huge scrape on the right side) and sound of the bike as well.

Warner

Here's a link to the set I ordered: Stubby 14" Stainless Steel Oval Muffler to fit CBR1000FK-FN (1989-1992)

Here's a link to what they should sound like:

Old 08-28-2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Webbie1
Gazz, I went ahead and ordered the slip ons from Delkevic. They have so many different models and options, it was tough to choose. But I decided on the stainless 14" oval system. It was $100 cheaper than their carbon fiber one, which I seen some mixed reviews regarding durability on. It seems like a good mix between quiet enough to take on a long trip, but still having some grunt to its tone (esp with the baffle removed, which is just one screw). It was $345 shipped to my house, is brand new and designed for the bike. I figure I can sell my stock (mostly mint) parts to pay for part of it. One side is near perfect, and the underlying pipe I'm sure is, as well. It'll improve the looks (mostly because of that huge scrape on the right side) and sound of the bike as well.

Warner

Here's a link to the set I ordered: Stubby 14" Stainless Steel Oval Muffler to fit CBR1000FK-FN (1989-1992)

Here's a link to what they should sound like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWMHpN6J49Q
Be sure and post a pic
I may do the same thing except I will probably get the longer ones.
I hope to use my stock exhaust heat shields though

Old 08-28-2016, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by silverf1
Be sure and post a pic
I may do the same thing except I will probably get the longer ones.
I hope to use my stock exhaust heat shields though
I debated between the longer ones and these. At the end of the day, I thought the 14" (350mm) ones looked better. If they are a touch louder, that's ok. I didn't think you (nor would I) could use the heat shields as these are oval, not round.....

Warner

PS - I'll post pictures and video for sure.

Last edited by Webbie1; 08-28-2016 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Webbie1
I debated between the longer ones and these. At the end of the day, I thought the 14" (350mm) ones looked better. If they are a touch louder, that's ok. I didn't think you (nor would I) could use the heat shields as these are oval, not round.....

Warner

PS - I'll post pictures and video for sure.
Oval, not round, good 2 know! I'll have to do some searches, I know I've seen some round after markets being used with the heat shields

Old 08-28-2016, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by silverf1
Oval, not round, good 2 know! I'll have to do some searches, I know I've seen some round after markets being used with the heat shields
They do make round ones too....so many options that work with our bikes! Not sure of any of them are compatible with the stock heat shields, but I didn't care because I'm not planning on using them. Check their site...TONS of options.

Warner

Old 08-29-2016, 06:56 AM

I wish I could work out how to put pictures in here or videos, I done a bit of a walk around today of my cbr1000ft with the laser exhausts and they are really throaty, sounds awesome.
Loud bike is a safe bike
I'm getting all keyed up and anxious , can't wait to through the leg over the new blackbird and ride it home

Old 09-01-2016, 10:38 PM

As promised...here's a photo and link to a video of the new Delkevic. This is the 14" or 350mm oval stainless. The video is with the baffles in. This is PERFECT for what I wanted....get rid of the ugly right side heat shield, and find an exhaust that's sporty sounding without annoying the neighbors or me on a long ride. This system hits that goal right on the money.

Warner

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I...ew?usp=sharing

Old 09-21-2016, 08:17 AM

Well eventually got the new bike home and it's a dream machine . I can just sit in my garage and enjoy a coffee just looking at the sexy two wheelers

Old 11-03-2016, 02:32 PM

My bro has an 01 blackbird and we traded bikes for a cruise. Aft riding a bit i found the engine heat vents burned my legs. It fuel injected fast but not as comfortable as my 1000f. Just my exp