CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

WTB - 1990 right side exhaust shield

  #1  
Old 07-15-2016, 07:41 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 129
Default WTB - 1990 right side exhaust shield

Does anyone have the right side heat shield for the stock exhaust for a 1990 CBR1000F that they'd like to part with? It's the worst looking thing on my bike...previous owner dropped the bike and the heat shield took the brunt of the damage. I'd really like to find a nice one to swap this out with.

Let me know and thanks,

Warner


Here's the damage:

Name:  cbr%20right%20side.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  300.1 KB
 
  #2  
Old 08-23-2016, 10:35 PM
Member
Join Date: May 2012
Location: N/E Illinois
Posts: 98
Default

Shes a beauty hold on to her tightly lol
 
  #3  
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 129
Default

Originally Posted by mjp94cbr100f View Post
Shes a beauty hold on to her tightly lol
Oh, I fully intend to! Rode her about 50 miles tonight. There's nothing this bike doesn't do well for me. I love it.


Warner
 
  #4  
Old 08-24-2016, 09:25 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 141
Default

Mine had a pretty good scratch on one. I bought a used set off ebay cheap. One was damaged. I had my paint guy metal work it and paint it.
 
  #5  
Old 08-24-2016, 09:27 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 129
Default

Originally Posted by silverf1 View Post
Mine had a pretty good scratch on one. I bought a used set off ebay cheap. One was damaged. I had my paint guy metal work it and paint it.
Honestly....at the end of the day it doesn't bother me much. I've been thinking about a pair of the delkevic slip ons.......but probably won't do anything.

Warner
 
  #6  
Old 08-26-2016, 02:34 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 117
Default

Hi mate
I've got into a fellow out in the hills west of nimbin in New South Wales and he has totally surprised me with what he has in parts as well as price so I will shoot him off a text and see what he has and if he's got one I can grab it and post it to you.

It's been a busy few weeks but bought the wife a really mint 97 xv535 to get her riding some bigger distances with a bit of comfort and as of today I just put a deposit on a 2006 cbr1100xx super blackbird of which I'm pretty happy about but better still is that I have to now work out catching a flight over to Perth then up the west coast and ride it home.
 
  #7  
Old 08-26-2016, 08:12 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 129
Default

Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
Hi mate
I've got into a fellow out in the hills west of nimbin in New South Wales and he has totally surprised me with what he has in parts as well as price so I will shoot him off a text and see what he has and if he's got one I can grab it and post it to you.

It's been a busy few weeks but bought the wife a really mint 97 xv535 to get her riding some bigger distances with a bit of comfort and as of today I just put a deposit on a 2006 cbr1100xx super blackbird of which I'm pretty happy about but better still is that I have to now work out catching a flight over to Perth then up the west coast and ride it home.
Sounds fun. Don't put too much effort into looking though....I really feel like if I do anything, which is doubtful, I'd just replace both sided with the Delkevic ones...

Warner
 
  #8  
Old 08-27-2016, 07:39 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 117
Default

Hi mate
No problem at all, I have to go down and pick up a few parts from him for the two 750/4's were building so it's no real drama. Mind you what you say is right, I put a set on my cbr1000ft and it took it from sounding like a bike to sounding like a bike should.

I head off later this week to pick up the new cbr1100xx super blackbird of which have to say I'm really looking forward to the ride home
 
  #9  
Old 08-27-2016, 04:04 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 129
Default

Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
Hi mate
No problem at all, I have to go down and pick up a few parts from him for the two 750/4's were building so it's no real drama. Mind you what you say is right, I put a set on my cbr1000ft and it took it from sounding like a bike to sounding like a bike should.

I head off later this week to pick up the new cbr1100xx super blackbird of which have to say I'm really looking forward to the ride home
I'm talkingabout just the slip ons. Then I'd sell my stock parts, which are mostly like new, with only 8k on the bike and never seen rain. I couldprobably recoup about half the cost of the dekelvin slip ons. I just have to decide which ones now. Short and loud, or longer and quieter?

Warner
 
  #10  
Old 08-28-2016, 07:21 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 117
Default

I put a wanted add up on gumtree and just let it sit there, about two months later a fellow contacted me with a new set of lasers, he was in Mackay which is about a ten hour drive or was going to cost over a hundred dollars to post, anyway it turned out that he was coming down to Brisbane so $150 for the pair of laser pipes including delivery to Brisbane , I nearly broke both ankles jumping at the offer and mate what a difference it made, it actually made the cbr1000ft sound like a big bike should. A very unique but awesome grumble.
Well my mate picked up the 2006 cbr1100xx super blackbird for me and seems it's a Limited edition model as well and best part is only 10250 kilometres on the clock, anyway I fly out Tuesday arrived not Port Headland on Thursday and then start the 6700 kilometre ride home. Have to admit there is a grin on my face about both the bike and the upcoming ride home. My eldest boy is really disappointed as his Uni timetable just doesn't allow him the time off. I did say to him that it would of been a great opportunity for us to ride over on the f both together and then ride both back but his Uni is full on at the moment so it just doesn't work out.
I've sent an email off to the guy with all the parts and asked him about the exhaust shield and I will let you know when I hear back from him
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB - 1990 right side exhaust shield


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.