CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Wot a Plonker!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:15 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wot a Plonker!

The thing was , I didn't forget to put the sidestand down it must have got halfway and sprung back and I didn't notice [sm=smiley35.gif]. Luckily for me there was minimal damage. But I guess Blue Beard is right the only safe option is the centre stand , though if you got the bike fully loaded you may have to workout in the gymn a couple times a week.

But it is reassuring to know I'm not alone.[sm=innoc.gif]

Old 11-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You want to hear a stupid one.....front disc lock...I just bought this damn lock a couple of days prioir to the fall, I installed that day for the first time...return after 2 hours, put 1st gear...released clutch...10 cms later...bang!! off in the ground was me, and the colorina in between me...my wife was in the car and watched the whole thing, she was laughing so bad..she said I looked like one of those bugs that you put on their backs and they can not return to their original position...luckily for me there was two guys who helped me getting the colorina back up again....(worth to mention that they were alsolaughin)...any way no major damage that time, but I was so embarras...I took that time the short way home in order to inspect in detail my babe!!

Lesson learned...put a damn old telephone cord tied in the lock and on the gas bar as a reminder that I have the bloddy disc lock

Old 11-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use an alarmed disc lock. I have almost ridden away once or twice and the alarm went off warning me I before I got into trouble.