CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Who has a 1000F that runs GREAT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has a 1000F that runs GREAT?

Mine sure does.

As I go through these posts, I start to feel like I've got the only bike that runs perfectly. It makes me feel guilty and scared at the same time.

If your bike runs like a top, let us know! I don't want to be alone.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:06 PM

It's the '93s Joe. Mine runs like a champ too. I took her out for a ride over the weekend on some desolate backroads. Ok, they're ALL desolate backroads here. Anywho...I decided to finally really get on it from a dead stop. That frikker is scary fast when you open her up! I don't think I have to do that very often. I'll be sure to wear a Depends next time I do though.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:13 PM

I like to think mine runs pretty good, here's a YouTube clip of it after we got the tune sorted out

for those that want to know, it's an 87, reground cams, jet kit, 4-2-1 exhaust with a cut down yoshi muffler, gsxr1000 tail piece Kawasaki headlight and tail light, the bike was bought by a mate of mine many years ago as a write off, he rebuilt it all to how he wanted it ( so please don't blame me for the ugly duckling styling of he old girl)
after it sitting in the shed for some years due to him being a bit to broken to ride it, I finnaly conned him into selling it to me, this is how it sits, but it's about to get a massive facelift

Here's the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBKgr73jpHw

Old 09-29-2009, 01:31 AM

Well, I'm a stickler for being different, thinking of adapting a ducati st4 tripples, forks, clipons, front wheel and front brakes, some form of front shroud, got a whole gearbox internals here for it as iv lost 3rd and 5th gear, slightly bigger cams, new exhaust, paint job and tune the carbs to suit..... But I'll start another thread for that

Old 09-29-2009, 04:15 AM
November 2009 ROTM

My Supersport does not miss a beat.....They have more power & torque than any of us will ever need,use or even dream about.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:23 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Before my alternator chain decided to get lazy she was running like she had just come out of the showroom 18 years ago. I've got an F-L. Like you all say, more power than you could ever really use (on the road) and the engine gives you that feeling of being completely in control. You just don't have to try. If you want to go fast, you go fast. If you want to ride like a stately monarch.... it's all in the wrist action. Sometimes I wish there were another couple of cogs in the box. 6th seems to come up too quickly.
When I get her running again I'll be a happy boy.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:22 AM
hmm
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well mine seems to be going OK, touch wood, apart from the rattly CCT on start-up. 1990 F-L, 37,000 miles.

I have a 120-mile each way commute (not every day!). Mostly rural roads with some motorway work. I had the carbs balanced and new chain and sprockets fitted a few weeks ago, then went on holiday, then bought a Chrysler 300C Touring (as you do), so haven't ridden the bike for a few weeks.

The mechanic said he couldn't balance the carbs using the balancer he usually uses, but he found a Suzuki-specific one from the 70s that was much more sensitive. He had to remove the old seals from it (they had perished) and re-make them with instant gasket.

Well I didn't know what to make of all this but it must have worked. Until yesterday I was getting about 40 mpg and having to switch to reserve at about 130 miles. Yesterday I got 46mpg and 150 miles before reserve! And with the new chain kit, the bike was super-smooth too.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:35 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine runs like new. I just can't ride it. I have not been home since mid July and before that it was always raining. I will not get home until mid November now and when I do it will be snow season. I miss riding it, this really sucks.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My '95 runs like a champ. It's been a great bike.

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 09-29-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: sp

Quick Reply: Who has a 1000F that runs GREAT?