CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   where to attach my Tax disc (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/where-attach-my-tax-disc-144458/)

Spamola0 01-31-2013 06:34 AM

where to attach my Tax disc

Hi All,

thanks to everyone being so helpful in the past with previous issues i now want to ask a silly question...........

i bought my bike without tax and there doesnt seem to be anywhere to attach a holder? my bike is a 1987 E reg Honda CBR 1000f which is pretty much standard.

there is a circle on the windshield that made me think that something could secure a tax disc to it but then i thought it could be easily stolen?

just wanted to ask other people with the same bike to let me know please.

Cheers

lonewolf997 01-31-2013 07:38 AM

I had the same problem a few weeks back lol, i ended up putting it on the chainguard bolt just behind left foot peg. If any1 knows ov a better place let us know plz :)

Shadow 01-31-2013 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Right rear bracket. Scuse dirty bike - caught in the rain today ! :(

hawkwind 01-31-2013 03:20 PM

I use one of these.

ANODISED BLUE HEXAGON MOTORCYCLE MOTORBIKE SCOOTER TAX DISC HOLDER - FREE UK P&P | eBay

I figure it'll take someone a while to get it and may deter the casual thief.

Of course if they really want to get it they will, but on a bike, it's probably the best you can do.

Bugkiller 02-01-2013 03:02 AM

Left hand

Originally Posted by hawkwind (Post 1214378)
I use one of these.

ANODISED BLUE HEXAGON MOTORCYCLE MOTORBIKE SCOOTER TAX DISC HOLDER - FREE UK P&P | eBay

I figure it'll take someone a while to get it and may deter the casual thief.

Of course if they really want to get it they will, but on a bike, it's probably the best you can do.

Hi,
I have one of these that Steve has posted. Trust me when I say its not a quick nick for someone. Also I do believe the regulations say tax discs should be on the left hand side of a vehicle, so viewable from kerb.

Rick

Spamola0 02-01-2013 01:18 PM

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who responded. So if I buy one of these tax disc holders do I just take a screw out of the chain guard and whack it on with the same screw?

Cheers

lonewolf997 02-01-2013 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Spamola0 (Post 1214547)
Thanks to everyone who responded. So if I buy one of these tax disc holders do I just take a screw out of the chain guard and whack it on with the same screw?

Cheers

thats what i did. I wouldnt say it was an ideal place though, but it will do till i find a better 1 :icon_moped:

Spamola0 02-01-2013 02:30 PM

Once again thanks for the tips. Gonna purchase one of these holders and give it a whirl! Thanks a bunch. It's good to actually get responses from true enthusiasts!
Cheers

nutter 02-01-2013 04:42 PM

i have had my cbr1000f for 11 years never put the tax disc on the bike i keep it in my jacket pocket

Bugkiller 02-04-2013 04:33 PM

Rear peg hanger

Hey,

got mine on the rear peg hanger, high enough to avoid too much road ****e and clear enough to be seen by the rozzers.