CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What'cha think of the deal I got on my new ride?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What'cha think of the deal I got on my new ride?

1994 CBR1000F 42k, Corbin seat, never down, excellent condition, runs perfect. Guy threw in Wolfman saddlebags, tankbag, 2 great condition Shoei helmets, perfect original seat, brand new rear sprocket still in package (one on bike was changed with chain 10k ago) pair of new riding gloves, Honda service manual for bike, extra perfect condition large tinted shield. Price? $2,000 even. Christmats came early this year, probably the best deal I've ever gotten in my 23 years of buying vehicles.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:41 AM
Default RE: What'cha think of the deal I got on my new ride?

Has the guy had the life scared out of him or something... sounds to me like you've taken advantage of a brain malfunction...

My Aunt sold my Uncles road registered drag car for $1,000 to "friends" while he was in a coma after being taken out on his motorbike... she never told anyone in the family what she had done... and I think my Uncle almost divorced her for being such a fool when he came out of his coma 6 months later... by that time, the "friend" had stripped the car and sold the shell!

Maybe that's the flip side of your winfall...

Congrats all the same, I'm just jealous on behalf of those of us who pay too much!

Old 07-07-2006, 02:15 AM

I forgot to mention new Metzlers and brake pads were put on like 500 miles ago, I'm still a little in shock, picked it up Sunday. I answered an ad on the Denver post, he was asking $2,500, I called him up and asked what he'd take today - he said $2,000 - old guy in his mid sixties, said he'd never taken the revs over 6,000. After the test ride I shakely said "deal." hoping he wouldnt change his mind. It was then that he kept handing stuff over, just like it was christmas. Unreal.

Old 07-07-2006, 02:35 AM

Score!
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-07-2006, 12:22 PM

I have also joined the 94 owner's club recently

I had the 87, but unfotrunately she and I hada little argument with asphalt, and we lost!

Well, she was good for the memories but gotta keep up with the times!

'the old lady' and ' the new one'

I ended up getting manuals, original tool kit, gearsack and rack, rjays jacket with the newest mistress as well.

And the christening ride was a 3 hr cruise out of town!
I had to suffer on the train and bus to get to her... but she was worth the pain!

Old 07-07-2006, 01:31 PM

Hey chesthing,

Was this guy of his right mind? You got an awesome deal. I can't believe all the accessories you got. GREAT FIND!

[sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 07-07-2006, 01:42 PM

He was a strange bird, all right. I actually called him Saturday, and he told me someone was coming to look at it later that afternoon, and that if he didnt buy it I could look at it Sunday. I told him I could be out there in an hour and that I was a very serious buyer, he said he felt like he had given this other guy his word, and wouldnt let me even see it that day - WEIRD! he called me the next morning, and told me he refused to sell to the other guy even though he had cash because he was only 19 and felt he didnt have enough experience to handle the 1000F. I honestly don't think the seller had ever sold a bike before, and I'm SURE he didnt check NADA or KBB.
Written on the back pages of the manual were **** notes of everything done to the bike - dates and miles of all oil changes, etc. He rode about 2,000 miles since 2004, the bike had been just sitting around and he had been riding his Ducati, I think he just got sick of looking at it.
I forgot, he did tell me the bike had been involved in a mild accident prior to him buying it in 2001, and that the prior owner decided to paint the bike solid Honda red. Other than the color there isnt any sign of the bike ever hitting the ground, and the title is NOT a salvage title - that would have explained the low price if it was.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:09 PM

Thats a bargain,especially with the extras! - i paid £2300 form a dealer with 29K on the clocks.....

Hope you get a lot of enjoyment from her!

Old 07-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid $3500 a year ago for a 1991 CBR1000F with 24,000 miles on it. Corbin seat, Honda hard luggage included, needed tires. Thought I paid a reasonable price for it. You got a steal. Congratulations.

They guy that sold it to me had the same attitude your seller did: he'd had teenagers drooling over it for a year or more but wouldn't sell it to them. Said he didn't want their parents coming to him after the kids maimed or killed themselves on it. He had an early-70's Charger that he'd bought new when he was 17. Despite living a couple miles off the pavement the orginal paint didn't have a chip on it, original interior was like new, had the original spare in the trunk, the engine compartment was immaculate. Not retored - all original. He took care of the bike the same way.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:41 PM

Wow, the guy who sold me the bike just called this morning to tell me he found an unopened Dynajet kit for the CBR and a low-mileage perfect condition rear shock he never got around to installing. I'm picking the stuff up today - if anyone is interested in any of this stuff email me erik_richard@yahoo.com - I'll ebay it in a couple weeks or so - CHRISTMAS CONTINUES!
Score! inside the unopened Dynojet kit is an undated coupon for a free dyno run at any participating dealer - I called one of them about 20 miles away and they said they would honor it - $60 value! This deal is making up for some past boners, it just keeps getting better.

Quick Reply: What'cha think of the deal I got on my new ride?