CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What a waste of an old girl... Check these idiots out...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah drop those nimrods over the side throw a rope around them (necks preferably)
and haul their sorry asses back up the slope double quick time and see how they hold up .........
bunch of ****en' (as my friend Dylan would say) ASSHATS

Old 08-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep... that was some stupid chit right there...
Way to finish off a bike, clowns.
Some people just shouldn't have bikes.... especially CBRs..

Old 08-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finish it off? How did that finish it off? Do you really think they did more to it dragging it slowly up the hill than he did to it when he crashed it? I mean, what particular part of it was pristine before they dragged it up the hill exactly that got ruined by dragging it up?

I think you guys are a little sentimental...the bike is exactly as crashed up now as it was before they dragged it back up the hill.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Administrator - Retired

There's no way to really tell from the vid how bad off it was before they yanked it up the hill like that, but the way they did it did not help the damage situation at all. I dont think you can say that dragging a bike up a hill like that doesn't do any damage to it.
There were at least two other ways to get it up the hill. The best would probably have been to use a boom. If that wasn't a possibility, I would have stood the bike up and tried to pull it.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:30 PM

And I need a new motor....Aaaaarg!!!!!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if it was rooted from the crash, surely anybody with half a brain* would have rigged up a basic A frame with a pulley and had a couple of guys guide it up??

*There lies the problem, methinks. Anyway, his loss eh?

Old 08-20-2009, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
There's no way to really tell from the vid how bad off it was before they yanked it up the hill like that, but the way they did it did not help the damage situation at all. I dont think you can say that dragging a bike up a hill like that doesn't do any damage to it.
Ok, if that's the case then answer the question. What damage would it do? The bodywork is already wasted, you're not going to bend it by dragging it that way (unlike the crash itself, which appears to have bent the front end), not gonna do any motor damage what with it not running. There's no impact damage in any way...? I guess they might have gotten some dirt into a few nooks and crannies that didn't have as much before, but any resurrection of that bike will involve a complete disassembly anyway, right?

What got hurt? More scratches in the tank? Bent lever?

I'm not saying that dragging a bike around is my #1 method of transport. I'm with you guys that you get a little pang of regret when you watch the video, but if you think about it, they didn't do anything to it that wasn't already done by the road and the trees.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Administrator - Retired

What damage would it do?
Break plastics and mounts, break mirrors, break levers and pedals, possibly lights, fill the bike full of dirt and rocks, possibly bust up the master, bend bars, scrape calipers and rotors....
Who knows what pulling a 550lb bike up a steep, rocky hill could do to it.

All I'm saying is that it didn't do the bike any good.
And if somebody planned on fixing it up, then flipping it and dragging it up a hill with a truck couldn't have helped with the rebuild.

You are assuming that anything that could be broken by dragging it up the hill was already broken by the initial spill.
I don't think that assumption can really be made.
I slid a dirtbike into a 20ft deep rock bottom ravine and hit a tree (sapling which finally stopped me. All I got was a badly burned up leg (man, that hurt), but the bike was actually ok. If I had dragged it out of the ditch with a truck, I could have bitched it up way worse than the couple of scratches it had from the spill.
Maybe the bike in the vid was screwed before the drag, maybe it wasn't...

As far as being sentimental.... maybe a little..

Old 08-21-2009, 05:23 AM

you know what. THE BIKE CRASHED, ITS ALREADY BROKEN!!!!!!!!!
If that was the "bellends" choice of retreival.OK just means more spares allround. OR he may have realised he had to spend money and fix it. a few more scratches on broken panels and paint maybe a new broken lever, so what its his money.
not my chice of retrieval but mines a streetfighter now too so no plastic to repair heh heh
Phill

Quick Reply: What a waste of an old girl... Check these idiots out...